Recent content by dfernand

1. D

Cannot get 'Perform Interrupt' Task to select any other Tasks to be interrupted.

New guy here. I downloaded the Ultimate Character Controller Integration Demo and it ran ok but just going through all the Tasks Types, I added a "Perform Interruption" Task to make it interrupt other Tasks when it executed and I cannot add any Tasks to the 'Perform Interruption' Task when I...
  2. D

Can the 'mesh collider' be used with the character controller instead of 'capsule' and 'sphere' colliders ?

thanks yes, I have many new tools to investigate and consider for the optimal solution, I've even got the Rag Doll tool from the guy who makes Final IK and I believe it's supported for integration with Opsive ultimate Character Controller (or at least Final IK is).
  3. D

Can the 'mesh collider' be used with the character controller instead of 'capsule' and 'sphere' colliders ?

yeah I just tested it and what you state is true, I thought I could use a skinned mesh renderer and mesh collider and the mesh collider would just magically follow the shape of the skinned mesh as the bones move and the skinned mesh follows with them ... but that is certainly not the case, so...
  4. D

Can the 'mesh collider' be used with the character controller instead of 'capsule' and 'sphere' colliders ? What would happen if I were to attempt to go into a unity character with the character controller locomotion and remove the capsule collider and try and replace it with a 'mesh collider'...
  5. D

Is there a way to customize the 'look' of the UI grids ?

Many thanks, I am new to this asset (although I bought it some time ago) but watching the videos , reading some of the documentation it looks like I made the right choice as I have no time to build such a system from scratch. Thanks for the reply.
  6. D

Is there a way to customize the 'look' of the UI grids ?

Is there a way to customize the 'look' of the UI grids ? and by that I meant to change the border colour, border width and grid box colour etc (low level UI stuff). So say instead of having an inventory which looks grey and basic fantasy RPG you can say have a more cyberpunk style grid with...
  7. D

If you own Final IK unity asset tool why would you want to use Ulimate Character Controller ?

thanks, I'm working through the tutorials right now. My predisposition (as you've probably guessed from my original post) is to use Final IK for manipulating the human rigs programmatically and also adding mocap data to them for animations and then somehow placing that onto an ultimate...
  8. D

If you own Final IK unity asset tool why would you want to use Ulimate Character Controller ?

Just a newbie question. Say, I already own Final IK and knew how to put constraints on a human rig and modify the rig programmatically; why would I want to buy Ultimate Character Controller by Opsive for my 3rd person game ? Would the only reason be that it's because Ultimate Character...