Cannot get 'Perform Interrupt' Task to select any other Tasks to be interrupted.

dfernand

New guy here.

I downloaded the Ultimate Character Controller Integration Demo and it ran ok but just going through all the Tasks Types, I added a "Perform Interruption" Task to make it interrupt other Tasks when it executed and I cannot add any Tasks to the 'Perform Interruption' Task when I click 'Select' for the Interruption Tasks to add in the Inspector (and the select button turns green and I get a 'Select Tasks to Reference' Right Click To Exit message on the tree window), left click other Tasks on the Tree and when I select 'Done' no Tasks are added to the 'Perform Interrupt' Task and it shows 'No Tasks Referenced'.

Is this because I'm am selecting the wrong types of Tasks to interrupt or in the wrong position of tasks in the branches of the Behavior Tree ? I have written no code to make the Perform Interrupt Task reference other Tasks, in order to achieve this do I have to write code as in this example https://opsive.com/support/documentation/behavior-designer/referencing-tasks/ ??

I provide a screen shot of the Behavior Tree Demo for the Ultimate Character Controller and you can see I added a 'Perform Interruption' Task near the top:

Please help !

Shot 0166.jpg

The perform interruption task requires the interrupt task. This is a decorator that you can add and will interrupt when perform interruption is reached.