Recent content by frothy

1. F

Abilities randomly losing states

Seems to be sporadic but was able to reproduce a few times by creating a new project, pulling in UCC, pun, climbing, and agility addons. Building a character, using the addon mananger to configure the character for both climbing and agility, adding all climbing/agility abilities, pun manager...
  2. F

Ability Inspector not working properly

The only "work around" I've been able to do is drag a single ability to where you want it, click off of the character so it's no longer highlighted in the inspector, then click back onto the character and do it again. Repeat this for as many items you need to drag around.
  3. F

Abilities randomly losing states

I've noticed while building out new abilities or adding existing ones to characters that the states randomly drop off of abilities. Is there something I can do to prevent this? It's challenging to go back in and add multiple states randomly and a few times we haven't noticed until this is in a...
  4. F

New Emote Ability Structure Recommendation

I'm having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around the ability system. I plan to add an emote ability with multiple emote options in an emote wheel. Here is how I planned to implement it but it seems a bit convoluted to me. Is there an easier way to do this? Ability 1: Open Emote Menu...
  5. F

UCC + PUN rigidbody collider items push through floor/walls

Probably not UCC related the more that I mess with things. For anyone who finds this in the future, here are some things I did to help reduce this. I'm using Unity 2021.3.x and I think since 2021.1 they've added somethign to the Project Settings > Physics section called "Default Max...
  6. F

I just stripped everything PUN addon related to that scene and confirmed that it's happening in a non-networked scene as well.
  7. F

Recommendations on scripting a clone abilities function?

Another problem is that we allow characters to create a custom avatar at runtime using Ready Player Me. I've currently been going down the path of setting up the UCC character at runtime like the UMA addon does but your master character prefab is interesting. I may try to create one single...
  8. F

Hey there, I'm using UCC + PUN addon and am having an issue where items with colliders push through other colliders like the floor or walls when they are stood on or kicked towards a wall. I have continuous collision on, set the item up as a PUN item in the UCC addon manager, the floor and...
  9. F

LedgeStrafe.cs error with 'ItemEquipVerifier'

UCC in 2021.3.0f1 haven't set up a fresh project but in both projects we're working on we received the same message.
  10. F

Not sure about the original reporter of this issue but I am using 2.4.7. I first installed the addon, got the error, uninstalled the addon, updated to 2.4.7, then reinstalled the addon. Maybe the conflict prevented all files from importing? When I click import now though there are no file...
  11. F

Someone posted this issue in the discord and when I posted how I fixed it one of the mods asked me to post here. User reported issue: I had received the same one despite following the instructions in the included PDF. Not best practice but here's how I fixed it. Change line 387 of...
  12. F

Recommendations on scripting a clone abilities function?

I saw from another question 3 years ago that there's no way to copy abilities form one character to another without having to remap all the bones under the Movement section. I have a couple dozen characters and just purchased the climb and agility add-ons, plus I'm making several custom...
  13. F

Disabling character input when opening a menu

For anyone who finds this in the future, I was able to get it working by adding {0} by itself to the UI > Ability Message field on the Ultimate Character Locomotion script under the Interact abilities UI > Ability Message. Make sure you're in the section for the ability and not the item...
  14. F

DOH. Thank you! For some reason there was no Graphics Raycaster on this specific canvas. Hopefully an equally silly miss, is there something specific I need to do to in order to properly inherit the IInteractableMessage class? This isn't showing any message text in the UI and the only way I...
  15. F

Hey there, I've searched around and found some simliar questions but can't seem to get them working for me. I'm trying to use the interact ability to trigger a menu but once it's open, I can't click on the UI. Here's what I'm doing. public class TerminalInteractable : StateBehavior...