Recent content by chebz

1. C

Ragdoll is rigid when hit

Do you have any suggestion on what would be a good option that works with UCC?
  2. C

So I've noticed that in the Ragdoll ability, the force is being applied to all bones in the ragdoll. This would certainly explain why the ragdoll is always falling the exact same way regardless of where it's being hit. Instead I have modified it to only apply to the closest bone in the position...
  3. C

I've setup default character from scratch with ragdoll enabled. However when character gets shot, it just falls over the same way regardless of where I shoot it. What am I missing? I want it to properly react if I shoot it in the leg or arm and fall differently.
  4. C

How do I setup melee weapon??

It's probably related to custom ragdoll, once I switched to default Unity ragdoll it works fine
  5. C

It seems to happen much more often if animation speed is too fast, almost like it's missing a collision trigger or something hm
  6. C

So the problem was use rate too fast so completed event never fired before another use... Now the problem is collisions not working most of the time. Maybe 1/10 times it works...
  7. C

I've set up a melee with a single attack, it only attacks once then everything locks up... The use ability doesn't stop. The animation has OnAnimatorItemUseComplete event.
  8. C

I found this video but I don't see Character Animation options anywhere?
  9. C

How many characters can UCC run?

no 50 on a beefy rig getting sub 60 fps is pretty bad. That is without any other thing going on as well. Realistically this number is cut by at least half if I want it to work on lower spec machines in an actual game, not an empty scene. Yes I know there are 'cheats' to play around this number...
  10. C

Weapon animations

Sort of figured it out... looks like I can replace most blend trees with a single animation. E.g. I don't need different animations for aim and crouch aim, if I just use aim animation, looks like character will still crouch anyway
  11. C

Weapon animations

To preface I am not an artist and have very little experience with animations. The default animations shipped with UCC don't match my model or weapons. What is the optimal way of changing them? What I've noticed is there are a dozen of different animations for each weapon type (aim, crouchAim...
  12. C

Can't stop weapon recoil

Actually never mind, I didn't update the prefab, it is 0 now. But the rifle still shakes left to right (although not as drastically)? I assume this shaking is baked into animation somewhere?
  13. C

Can't stop weapon recoil

I change any of these values to 0, they just reset back to this when character aims: I assume it's some state setting them back, but I can't find it. These are weapon states: but only Aim state sets recoil, and I've updated it to all 0s
  14. C

Third Person Weapon - non Dominant Hand IK - reload and weapon switch issues

Figured it out, it needs to be activated in Reload ability in case other newbs like me read this.
  15. C

Third Person Weapon - non Dominant Hand IK - reload and weapon switch issues

Can someone point me to what I am supposed to be looking for? I've created a reload state but I have no idea how to activate it