Third Person Weapon - non Dominant Hand IK - reload and weapon switch issues

timfrench

Jason, I've searched all docs and questions on this forum but cannot find a solution within the controller. In order to position the non-Dominant hand I'm using the IK and Hint positions under the Third Person Perspective script. That works great. However, with this setup, the player will not release to perform the Reload animation. Additionally when you switch or unequip the weapon, the non-dominant hand also flips up over the players head and is not released until the weapon is deactivated. This creates odd looking animation. All I can can think is that I'm going to have to add a script to release the IK just prior to the reload or unequip animations running? Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Reload ability should create a 'Reload' state. CharacterIK needs a Reload state preset that sets the hand weight to 0. Ik will then cancel during reload. See Nolan in demo scene for examples.
Edit: also there is a video tute on the state system.

Can someone point me to what I am supposed to be looking for? I've created a reload state but I have no idea how to activate it

Figured it out, it needs to be activated in Reload ability in case other newbs like me read this.

Last edited:
Hello,

I seem to have a similar issue as described above, the animations on reload on pistol and AR don't work propely. There is some movement of hands, however the clips aren't ejected and replaced. It seems IK is restricting the full animation. Could you help with a step by step solution on how to add the appropriate state to the reload ability etc? I've tried several times, however I can't get it to work properly?

Thank you very much in advance!

@Justin @chebz @timfrench