Third Person visible item not active...

DisaronnoDog

I have added a new item (longsword) to my player character and to some NPCs. The item is in the correct slot, in its own item category (Right Hand Items), and is listed as part of both the player and the NPCs default loadout; at runtime, the longsword appears under "Current Inventory" for all parties using it.

However, for all characters equipping it, the actual item is not visible, as the sword under the Right Hand "Items" game object is not set to Active... Any ideas why the sword is not being set active at runtime, despite it being listed in the Inventory? Also, switching items does not help, as this problem still occurs even if the sword is the only item in the inventory...

Thanks in advance!

The item name under "Current Inventory" becomes bold for the active item, along with the slot name being shown next to it (e.g. "(Slot 0)") - do you see your item being marked as active? If not, then there may be an issue with your EquipUnequip ability. Check the demo scene's EquipUnequip abilities to see how they're set up - in particular make sure you've got a separate EquipUnequip ability for each separate ItemSet category you're using. Also, have you added a new unique ItemSet to the character's ItemSetManager component for your item?

Hey @Andrew, appreciate your response. I've been away for a few days, but I'm back and looking to see if your suggestions help. Sounds like the problem may be with regards to the EquipUnequip ability, I don't remember applying a separate ability for the other categories, and I'm thinking that is the problem...
Thanks again!