Request for Assistance with UCC Assault Rifle Tutorial: Projectile Setup Issue

kmsk

I have made progress in understanding the UCC assault rifle creation tutorial. I've grasped that all objects must be defined and utilized within UCC for functionality. However, I'm at a loss with setting up the projectile. I've attached a screenshot of my current setup. Is this configuration correct? It's challenging to discern whether I'm encountering a bug or if my approach is incorrect. Detailed guidance on the correct procedure would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2024-01-14 1645202.jpg
    2024-01-14 1645202.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 5
It looks like you are getting an error which will cause problems. Since you are using a beta version of Unity I recommend that you try using an LTS version. When you change versions make sure you download the asset again from the Package Manager so it will import the correct version for the version of Unity that you are using. If you are still getting an error please post the full stack trace.

I set it up again on 2022.3.17f1 but the editor still closes by itself. And perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I am getting errors, please advise.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.Modules.Shootable.ProjectileShooter.ProjectileFire (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.ShootableUseDataStream dataStream, Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.Modules.Shootable.ShootableAmmoData ammoData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/Modules/Shootable/ProjectileShooter.cs:263)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.Modules.Shootable.ProjectileShooter.Fire (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.ShootableUseDataStream dataStream) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/Modules/Shootable/ProjectileShooter.cs:196)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.ShootableAction.TriggerItemAction (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.Modules.TriggerData triggerData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/ShootableAction.cs:267)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.Modules.SimpleBaseTrigger.UseItemTrigger () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/Modules/TriggerModule.cs:403)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.UsableAction.UseItem () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/UsableAction.cs:521)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.ShootableAction.UseItem () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/ShootableAction.cs:245)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.UsableAction.UseItemUpdateInternal (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.Use useItemAbility) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/UsableAction.cs:665)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.UsableAction.UseItemUpdate (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.Use useItemAbility) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/UsableAction.cs:633)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.Use.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/Use.cs:463)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.LateUpdateActiveAbilities (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability[] abilities, System.Int32& abilityCount) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:674)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.UpdateCharacter () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:600)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterLocomotion.Move (System.Single horizontalMovement, System.Single forwardMovement, System.Single deltaYawRotation) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CharacterLocomotion.cs:562)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.SimulationManager+SmoothedCharacter.Move (System.Boolean preMove) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/SimulationManager.cs:169)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.SimulationManager.MoveCharacters (System.Boolean preMove, System.Single interpAmount) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/SimulationManager.cs:723)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.SimulationManager.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/SimulationManager.cs:671)