ItemCollection Persistance

derkoi

Hi,

I'm using Unity 2018.3.13f1 and the v2.1.5 of UCC.

When I create an item, such as a new weapon in the itemType manager, It's not immediately created in the project view under my item collection. I have to exit Unity and re-open and it's there. As you can imagine this isn't ideal.

Also, whilst configuring a new weapon I noticed some settings were not saved when saving the prefab, & No matter what I change the clip size, ammo pickup quantity to I only get 1 bullet.

It's worth mentioning that these errors were also in the previous version of UCC, I updated to see if they went away in the new version but they have not.

Any ideas why it would do this?

Thanks

Edit: Just checked with Unity 2019 and it's still not creating new weapons in the project view under my item collection.

Edit 2: The 1 bullet issue was caused by me putting the capacity to 1 in the itemType setup. Doh!

Last edited:
When I create an item, such as a new weapon in the itemType manager, It's not immediately created in the project view under my item collection.
I just tried to reproduce this in both 2018.3 and 2019.1 but wasn't able to. Are you testing it in a fresh project?

Also, whilst configuring a new weapon I noticed some settings were not saved when saving the prefab
What values are not saved?

Unity Hub wouldn't make a difference. Could it be that you are running out of hard drive space? Do you have another computer that you can try to reproduce it on?

Unity Hub wouldn't make a difference. Could it be that you are running out of hard drive space? Do you have another computer that you can try to reproduce it on?

I have around 100gb on my project ssd drive available. I have a couple of gaming laptops I can try.