Footstep sounds out of sync!

Hello,

I've tried troubleshooting this for about an hour or so on my own with no luck. My issue is that most, if not all of my character's footstep sounds aren't in sync with the sneaking, walking and running animations. Sometimes triggering more sounds than it should. I messed around with the Foot Offset and Move Direction Frame Count values in Character Foot Effects to no avail.

Is there a way to find out the precise set of values so that they'll play in sync? (when the character's feet touch the ground). Or is it a different problem?
I took a look at the Opsive Third Person Demo and saw that every footstep was in sync, except for when you crouch and move. (Same issue as me but I'm at a larger scale).

Here's a video explaining my problemo:

Settings used during this recording was 0.4 on the Foot Offset, and 7 on the Frame Count.

Many Thanks,
Sean.

You've probably already seen it, but this page describes the CharacterFootEffects parameters in greater detail: https://opsive.com/support/document...roller/surface-system/character-foot-effects/

I assume you're still using the Body Step mode - the walking animations for your character look like they don't move the feet vertically very much, so getting the Foot Offset value right might be tricky. If adjusting it doesn't seem to help, I'd recommend trying the Fixed Interval mode - as long as the footsteps in your animations are always at regular intervals it should be possible to keep the footstep sounds in sync this way.

Also remember that you can use the state system to change these settings when the character is crouched, running, etc.