AStar not seen in Behavior Designer Editor

mdookie4

*Sorry repost! realize this question should be here instead of UCC*

Hi! In the behavior design editor, when I add task -> action, I am unable to see Astar pathfinding, hence when I added the Wander task, it stated it is using Navmesh instead of Astar.

I did some reading, and is it mandatory to create the character using Character Manager in order for the Astar integration to work? I am working on a 2D top down game, and hence my character is a very simple 2D object without need for 1st/3rd person perspectives.

Appreciate your advice! Thanks!
Vincent

Ah, so there's still the integration pack to download, thank you!
Does the documentation explain the various integration tasks like Wander, flee, seek? because i can't seem to find any detailed info, or the only way is the inspect the script?

Can i ask also what is the graphic representation (2 green boxes and 1 orange box joined by lines) on the scene when i added behavior tree for the gameobject?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 1.30.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 1.30.25 AM.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 4
Does the documentation explain the various integration tasks like Wander, flee, seek? because i can't seem to find any detailed info, or the only way is the inspect the script?
I tried to reduce the amount of duplicate info so the description is only in the tasks.

Can i ask also what is the graphic representation (2 green boxes and 1 orange box joined by lines) on the scene when i added behavior tree for the gameobject?
That's the Behavior Designer gizmo - you can disable it within the Behavior Designer preferences (top right of the editor).

Thank you again for the advice, sorry for one more question - do we have to disable or remove any animator controller if we are using behavior designer for the game object?

Do you recommend the Character controller (UCC) for 2D character controls and animations?

Last edited:
No problem. Can you create a new thread for each topic to help keep things organized?

do we have to disable or remove any animator controller if we are using behavior designer for the game object?
Behavior Designer does not require an animator controller - in fact most of the examples don't even have one.

Do you recommend the Character controller (UCC) for 2D character controls and animations?
Unfortunately UCC does not work with 2D physics.