After upgrade to 2.2 Error: Unable to find a Equip Unequip ability with category id 1754500153

hazuki

Hi,

After following the the tutorials on upgrading the process has been mostly successful however my character is not able to equip or unequip (events fired by playmaker). This message is received in the editor:

Error: Unable to find a Equip Unequip ability with category id 1754500153
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.Playmaker.StartEquipUnequip:OnEnter() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/Playmaker/StartEquipUnequip.cs:45)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:ActivateActions(Int32) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:205)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:CheckAllActionsFinished() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:572)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnUpdate() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:268)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateState(FsmState) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2786)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Update() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1995)
PlayMakerFSM:Update() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:589)

I've poked aorund with the debug settings as mentioned in other threads but don't feel like this is the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I'm unable to find StartEquipUnequip.OnStart to place the breakpoint. I can do this if you can help me through it a but more.

The debug IDs look like this:

Items.PNG

1589977238588.png

It looks like your categories IDs are mismatched. The Equip/Unequip action is trying to set category 1754500153, but your category ID is 2781261737. If you update the dropdown within EquipUnequip then it should select the new category ID.

I'm afraid that hasn't worked, I also tried changing the category ID to 1754500153 and that caused more errors.

Ok I think I'm getting somewhere but have had to create another new item category and replace references to the old one with the new one then remove the old one. Fingers crossed this is working now! In case anyone misses it, if you're using any Playmaker actions that refernce the item category you may need to look at those too.