Recent content by visiblenoise

1. V

Lerp/Slerp vs. MoveTowards/RotateTowards confusion

(Note: I'm on v2, so I'm sorry if this is something that has been fixed in v3!) While troubleshooting a MoveTowards ability (with a small angle tolerance) that was taking too long to rotate into, I noticed something I didn't understand in CharacterLocomotion.cs (UpdateRotation(), line 663)...
  2. V

Final IK for Version 2

I'm also having the same exact issue - I bought version 2 but it seems like only version 3 downloads are available to me. I'm using the only order number I have that works (the Opsive item in the order is called "Third Person Controller (legacy)"). Also tried the corresponding invoice number...
  3. V

[BUG] Issue inside Ability.cs root motion override attributes?

I understand the general design of allowing the locomotion component to have its own settings, I just didn't understand why a position setting should affect rotation behavior. In any case, thanks for confirming.
  4. V

[BUG] Issue inside Ability.cs root motion override attributes?

Character controller variant (Ultimate Character Controller, First Person Controller, etc): Third Person Controller v2.4.8 This is just something I happened to notice from looking at the code, so the other info isn't relevant. In Ability.cs, where it is checking for root motion...
  5. V

Quick Stop bug - not reading input correctly

I think there's a bug in QuickStop.cs - it overrides UseRawInput to be false, but when it checks the input in CanStartAbility(), m_CharacterLocomotion.RawInputVector is always used. It should probably be using m_CharacterLocomotion.InputVector and/or checking UseRawInput. The issue was that it...
  6. V

Fixing/adjusting root motion dynamically

Ah! Thanks for being patient with me. I was getting hung up on how the Animator doesn't seem to be accessible through the UCC classes, but it can be accessed simply through m_GameObject.GetComponent<Animator>().
  7. V

I must be missing something. As a test, I'm trying to force the rotation to be Quaternion.identity, expecting no rotation to happen while my ability is going: public override void UpdateRotation() { m_CharacterLocomotion.AnimatorDeltaRotation = Quaternion.identity; } I also tried putting...
  8. V

Hmm, I hadn't thought of exiting the animation early. In this case since the root motion rotation isn't constant throughout the animation, I could monitor the current orientation from inside the Ability and stop itself accordingly. Worth a shot, thanks. I'd still like to know if there's an...
  9. V

What's the best way to adjust movement or rotation of an animation's root motion frame by frame as it's going? In my particular case, I have turn-in-place animations that turns the character either 90 or 180 degrees, but I need to be able to have the character end up facing arbitrary...
  10. V

AI Agent - Local Look Source - animation/ik issue

I only tried using Move() as a troubleshooting step. I just tried again using the Nav Mesh Agent Movement ability and just calling NavMeshAgentMovement.SetDestination() on it - same issue.
  11. V

AI Agent - Local Look Source - animation/ik issue

I'm trying to set up basic movement for an AI-controlled character and noticed something weird with the way the walk animation (the only one I've tried so far) was being played - it seemed slightly robotic compared to the player-controlled version I had gotten working, even though it's the same...
  12. V

Matching ability movement to other objects

I'm using root motion for a climb animation and was trying to use lerping to smoothly force the character into the correct starting position. This includes the XZ position, as well as the Y position for potential variance in obstacle height (since the root motion is authored for a specific...