Recent content by tippington

1. tippington

UI Navigation with controller/keyboard not working

I'm working on a project where a player will approach a crafting bench and press the Interact button/key to bring up the bench's crafting menu. That's working, and the crafting menu appears as expected, but once it's visible, controller or keyboard input doesn't work for navigating it or...
  2. tippington

Interact ability causing MissingReferenceException

This was the fix that worked for me; I set up object pooling and am now de-activating the object instead of destroying it. No more errors! Thanks all for your help.
  3. tippington

Interact ability causing MissingReferenceException

I'm working on a project where a player can open chests, much like in Fortnite. When a chest is opened, it spawns a number of pickup objects and then destroys itself. A manager script will spawn new chests every 30 seconds in any empty chest spawn spots. My issue is, after opening a chest and...
  4. tippington

Can't get Interact ability to trigger

I finally got it to work! Ultimately what seems to have done the trick was: Adding a second, trigger-type box collider to the Interactable object Changing its Interact ID to 1 (although this may have not actually changed anything)
  5. tippington

How to create Pickup that adds to Attribute value?

That did it, thanks so much! Very peculiar that it defaults to passing the CapsuleCollider instead of the actual GameObject, but either way, I'm all set on this one.
  6. tippington

Can't get Interact ability to trigger

Hello everyone, I'm trying to create a Crafting Bench object that the player will be able to walk up to and interact with. I've added the Interactable component to it, as well as the Ability Start Location component (which appears to be configured/positioned properly in the Scene Editor. I've...
  7. tippington

Yep! That was it -- the object disappears when picked up now, as expected. However, I'm still not hearing a sound or seeing any message upon pickup; The ObjectPickedUp method in ObjectPickup.cs seems to contain logic to play the sound if the player object Is connected to a camera, which it is...
  8. tippington

Thanks for the help! Passing through the item now adds to the Attribute as expected, but strangely, the item doesn't disappear after it's "picked up". Also, the pickup text isn't displayed and the pickup audio doesn't play. What am I doing wrong? Here's my resource pickup object class (with a...
  9. tippington

I've created custom Attributes on my player; in addition to Health, I've added resources like Wood, Stone, Metal, etc. My question is: how can I create a pickup that, when picked up by the player, will add a certain amount to the value of a specified Attribute? I've looked at the Health Pickup...
  10. tippington

Can't get Rewired/Xbox One controller to work in demo scene

Watched the videos and got it all set up -- it's working great with the controller now. Thanks so much for your help; I'm so excited to play with this!
  11. tippington

Didn't, so I added Player tag. Unfortunately nothing changed :(
  12. tippington

Hey Justin, thanks for the response. I created a new scene, made a new character, and basically copied the components from the Nolan character. Then I removed the Unity Input component and replaced it with Rewired Input. I also made a new camera and copied the components from the Demo scene...
  13. tippington

Hey everyone. Purchased the Third Person Controller recently for a new concept and am trying to get it working with Rewired and an Xbox One controller. I've followed the instructions step-by-step for the Rewired integration on the Opsive site, but my character in the demo scene won't move or...