Can't get Rewired/Xbox One controller to work in demo scene

tippington

Hey everyone. Purchased the Third Person Controller recently for a new concept and am trying to get it working with Rewired and an Xbox One controller. I've followed the instructions step-by-step for the Rewired integration on the Opsive site, but my character in the demo scene won't move or react to the input at all. In the "Debug Information" field of Rewired UCC Input Manager, I can see that the controller is connected properly and associated with the player, so I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong.

I've attached relevant screenshots from my Demo scene (I just duplicated the ThirdPersonControllerDemo scene, and then followed the guide to make adjustments). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 12.52.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 12.52.32 PM.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 12.52.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 12.52.41 PM.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 12.52.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 12.52.48 PM.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 5
The demo scene has a particular setup so I would create a new character and add the RewiredInput component within that scene. The only trick is to make sure you've removed the Unity Input component.

Hey Justin, thanks for the response.

I created a new scene, made a new character, and basically copied the components from the Nolan character. Then I removed the Unity Input component and replaced it with Rewired Input. I also made a new camera and copied the components from the Demo scene camera. Finally, I added UCC Rewired Input Manager to the new scene. Unfortunately the character still does not respond to controller input, and I get the attached output in the Console.

The two warnings I understand, but how should I configure the look source that the error is talking about? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 1.30.58 PM.png

Did you setup the camera? Have you gone through and created a character successfully without rewired? You can follow the video tutorials for this. Once you get a character without any errors you should then be able to add rewired.

Watched the videos and got it all set up -- it's working great with the controller now. Thanks so much for your help; I'm so excited to play with this!