Recent content by Edub101

1. E

How to control BD character's turn speed?

Yes, I did use TPC's wizard to set up the navmesh agent. I didn't even think of that. Problem solved! Incidentally, the regular speed setting did work in the BD seek task, even as the Angular speed change did not. That may be why the UCC controller didn't occur to me. Thanks again!
  2. E

How to control BD character's turn speed?

Hello. No matter what I set the "angular speed" in the seek task to--even very low numbers--the AI still "whips" around instantly to face a target when the target enters its detection range, and will rotate as fast as needed to stay looking directly at the target. What controls an agent's...
  3. E

Help with default TPC RPG movement type

Ok, I saw your response to another thread about changing the name of the horizontal input in the Locomotion handler (easily confused with the other locomotion script) to Alt Horizontal. Does the "Turn input name" in the regular UC locomotion script, (which is still "Horizontal") do nothing? I...
  4. E

Sorry, I can't figure it out. For the Q and E strafing, under Alt Horizontal, the default is set to "z" and "x" but those buttons do nothing by default. I added "q" and "e" as alternative buttons, but that didn't do anything either (as expected, since the "z" and "x" didn't work). I also added...
  5. E

Yes, during step 5 above. To be sure, I just checked the scene and can confirm that the "Third Person RPG" is the camera view-type listed in the inspector on the camera's "Camera Controller" component, and "Third Person RPG" is the movement type on the Player object's Ultimate Character...
  6. E

The Nolan character in the Demo does turn correctly on its axis with the "A" and "D" keys. Which is why I think something weird is happening with my creation process. Here is literally every step I took, using a new project (latest Unity 2018) and new import of Third Person Controller (not...
  7. E

Pause When Action Pressed

This has always been the case dating back to the first UFPS--years back. I wonder how to counteract it in a project? I would hate to have a game that stuttered the first time the "fire" button is pressed. Maybe there is some way to "pre-fire" or "pre-interact"? Perhaps the pause is due to a...
  8. E

Thanks for responding, Mr. Justin. I know how overwhelmed you must be from fielding questions after a Unity sale, which spikes the support requests by some exponential factor, I'm sure. I apologize for the poor wording of my question, which led to the impression that I was looking for...
  9. E

Hello. I'm using Unity 2018.3.14f1, and the latest version of TPC. I am a novice, and non-coder who is easily confused, so please forgive my struggles with even the basic setup. I'm trying to set up the Third Person RPG default movement type on an object. Specifically, a vehicle like a...