Recent content by drmeatball

1. D

Animator Controllers cannot view animation parameters

Might be a 2023 thing.. when I used 2022 it worked like the video demos, 2023 there's no visual updating inside the Animator/Controller.
  2. D

Creating a new Animator Controller..

I've read and watched everything here (gone through the video twice): https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/animation/animator/animator-controller/ I made a hard copy reference of this...
  3. D

Version 3.0.20 Update

Not sure if this is the best place to post but the .20 update may have broken the HDRP integration. Shader error in 'Ultimate Character Controller/Demo/Overlay HDRP': 'GetDecalSurfaceData': cannot implicitly convert from 'float3' to 'struct FragInputs' at line 532 (on d3d11) Compiling...
  4. D

Hands posing in the direction of head

I'm a step closer, toggling Unity IK to ON when making the character is what causes the funky hand issues. Turning IK off fixes the hand issues, but then third person view is pretty broken. Any idea for a next step to look into?
  5. D

Hands posing in the direction of head

Good morning (EST)! I'm having an issue and I have no idea where to begin. I did some searching but haven't found anything related to this afaict. This happens in both first and third person. Hands are posing/animating? in the direction of the player FOV. In the example images, if looking up...
  6. D

New tutorials for UCC3

Ooooo regarding #1.. you may have my first request covered already :D Doing the grenade now, being able to select my own grenade and then applying UCC to it is making so much more sense to me. TY!
  7. D

New tutorials for UCC3

TY for this!! UCC is a beast. 1) Could you do a tutorial on implementing a weapon from scratch? I've followed both the Sword setup and the Assault Rifle setup but there's just so much to UCC - and so much of it requires existing in-depth knowledge I don't even where to start searching for -...
  8. D

Having a problem with the Assault Rifle video specifically Reload Detach Attach Clip section

And of course as soon as I take the time to actually post, 30seconds later I figure it out :D Forgot to actually assign the clip. Missed it on both viewings. TY!
  9. D

Having a problem with the Assault Rifle video specifically Reload Detach Attach Clip section

I've followed the Assault Rifle tutorial twice from the beginning and I've gotten the same non-functioning clip reload problem both times. There are a bunch of things I'm still working to correct of course, just not sure why the clip isn't working. Anything obviously wrong?
  10. D

UCC3 + Rewired.. are there any tutorials?

https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/integrations/rewired/ I've downloaded and installed the integration for rewired, followed the QuickStart document for rewired here: https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/QuickStart.html According to Rewired Debug...
  11. D

First Person POV not showing anything other than lights? No floor, no arms, etc.

I appreciate the reply. I show the arms created by FPS Mesh Tool in the very first picture. I watched the video and the only thing I wasn't aware of was the UCCFPS Integration but I don't do both 1st and 3rd, the 3rd example was simply to show that I do indeed know how to follow the tutorials...
  12. D

First Person POV not showing anything other than lights? No floor, no arms, etc.

To contrast, third person works fine. Obviously a different system and lots to tweak, but I can follow instructions to have gotten to this point :) And the result..
  13. D

Hello! Having an issue, not even sure how to best describe it. I'm not seeing anything that I would expect to see in the first person view. At the very minimum I would expect to see the floor, but I'm not seeing it. My guy and FPS Mesh Tool Arms The Settings and Created Character And...
  14. D

Fixing non-dominant hand with IK

Ended up just creating a new character and migrated everything - works fine :alien:. TY!
  15. D

Fixing non-dominant hand with IK

I set the Movement ID to 2 - based on which was the fix in the video but didn't do anything for me.