Recent content by Dreadnought9999

1. D

Adjusting the speed of the weapon swapping after shooting

Thanks, that helped point me in the right direction, it's working smoothly now
  2. D

To clarify my goal, I want to remove and or minimize the two second delay that keeps happening after firing a weapon when I try to change weapons while ideally keeping the feeling consistent and animations still present. For example, if a player wanted to hit another with say 4 shots of pistol...
  3. D

So I'm making an online first person shooter, and I'm trying to reduce the delay between switching weapons right after firing a shot. I've tried a few things: -Lowering Durations and or not waiting for Animation Events in the ShootableWeapon Script/Item script. -Speeding up the animations in...
  4. D

Spawning AI characters over the network

Yeah, using PunObjectPool.Instantiate, seemed to be the correct solution, the Illegal ID errors I was getting was because I needed to assign a view ID to the new characters with PhotonNetwork.AllocateViewID(). Thanks for your help
  5. D

Spawning AI characters over the network

So, I'm working on a multiplayer first person shooter project, and I'm working on getting my AI characters to sync properly over the network. In order for that to work properly, I suspect that I need to have all the AI characters spawned at start up, so I have been trying a couple of things so...
  6. D

Problems Understanding Use, and EquipUnequip Abilities for AI

Sorry for the late reply, I see that when I lowered the look sensitivity I do get the character to fire. I do just want to make sure that the look sensitivity does directly correlate to the AI's accuracy and it isn't just a visual to make the character look like it's aiming properly while the...
  7. D

Thanks for your quick reply, to answer your questions: 1) Yes, shoot refers to the Use ability. 2) When you say start successfully, does that imply that I receive the callback for OnCharacterItemAbilityActive? If that is the case then yes, however I receive a message saying Use is activated...
  8. D

So I'm trying to develop an AI that has 6 weapons for a first-person-shooter, and I'm getting very confused with how the Use and EquipUnequip work when trying to start them from a script. Specifically the player is either not animating or not completing the animation for shooting, as of now, I...