Recent content by BoneHeadSpark

1. B

Are charge attacks a thing in the Ultimate Character Controller?

Sorry if this has been asked before; I'm a little out of practice with the UCC and wanted to implement a function to charge Melee attacks to have them do extra damage. Essentially, you'd hold the attack button for a second to charge the Melee Weapon attack, then release it to do the attack on...
  2. B

How to effectively stun the player for a set time?

Essentially, I'm trying to prevent the player from taking any action when stunned. However, all of the tutorials I've seen revolve around stopping the players movement but not their ability to shoot. For my game, I'd want the player to be completely stunned, but I have no idea how to manage...
  3. B

Efficient way to teleport my character via a timer?

Would it be best to copy the teleport code, and instead of the part that says [RequireComponent(typeof(BoxCollider))] I remove that and use the coroutine/scheduler stuff instead? I'm thinking about using a bool to say "teleNow" and have it warp my character regardless of their position. I'm...
  4. B

Efficient way to teleport my character via a timer?

I attempted to do this in the traditional way (player.transform.position), but the Opsive UFPS controller character is different from a standard character, so I'm having troubles. I'm aware that the Opsive kit comes with a teleporter pad function, but I'm having issues creating a "teleport by...
  5. B

Why do my projectiles hurt the player as soon as they're spawned?

Thank you both. I was able to fix my issue with one line of code made to check for my Character layer!
  6. B

Why do my projectiles hurt the player as soon as they're spawned?

I made a custom projectile, just something for an enemy to throw to try and kill the player, but it seems to hurt the player as soon as it spawns. I got the code directly from the guide on here void OnCollisionEnter(Collision collision) { Destroy(gameObject, 1); var...
  7. B

Canvas elements/scripts (like the SlotIdMonitor) can't find the character I've spawned in.

Thanks, this solved my problem. Next time I'll just ask for more help with the code first.
  8. B

Canvas elements/scripts (like the SlotIdMonitor) can't find the character I've spawned in.

Sorry, I'm a little confused. By "assign the property manually", do you mean drag and drop things where they should be in the inspector? If so, I can't do that because I have multiple playable characters, and manually telling my script things would only account for one. Right now, I'm trying to...
  9. B

Due to the nature of my game, I have to spawn in all of my characters at runtime. I've notice this is causing chaos with the Opsive kit, such as scripts and such, as struggling to find my characters with the Player tag. I've solved this in a roundabout way (disabling the elements, then...
  10. B

Is this the correct behavior for the Dual Wield sword and shield?

Hello! I have a quick (maybe noobish) question today regarding using the sword and shield. Right now, my character has both the items to use together, and the default MyBody item. When I swap from the MyBody to the sword and shield, it seems like I'm also able to select the items individually...
  11. B

I'm not sure how I should set up a controller to work with my project.

Is that supposed to happen automatically, because its not. I exported my project to Android, and tried to use a controller made for androids (a Moga controller), but I can't control my character at all. Any tips or some instruction that I've missed?
  12. B

How would I allow my players to buy skills with points?

In Kingdom Hearts, the main characters all get new skills upon leveling up. However, some skills have to be installed on the character though a screen. On this screen, you need to use a points system known as AP to select the skills you want. If you don't have enough AP, you can't select the...
  13. B

How would I make a Gun that can suck up debris (like trash) and grenades?

Sorry for the late reply. I don't get notified like I should for some reason. Is there a tutorial on creating new IusableItems? I can't seem to find one.
  14. B

How would I make a Gun that can suck up debris (like trash) and grenades?

Is this the right place to ask this question? Or should I move it to the general discussions? I was playing Blinx The Time Sweeper on my Xbox One, and I wanted to emulate the main weapon and mechanics related to the weapon. The weapon in question is a gun that sucks up trash and shoots it out...
  15. B

Melee weapons override the "MyBody" weapon...sometimes?

Yep, you were correct. I'll only had to check the "default" box in the MyBody weapon (as shown in the link). Thanks a lot!