Recent content by BoneHeadSpark

1. B

Has anyone gotten a "character selection screen" to work? If so, how'd you do it?

So far, I tried following tutorials on youtube that involve spawning prefabs of the characters into the game. I believe I'm using original prefabs. Essentially, the prefabs will instantiate on a button press, but when they do, they spawn detached from the camera.
  2. B

Has anyone gotten a "character selection screen" to work? If so, how'd you do it?

I know, I know. I'm still on this character selection nonsense, but its really keeping me from working. The Opsive kit works just fine with my one character that's already added to the scene, but I haven't been able to get a character selection mechanic to work. My original attempts consisted...
  3. B

It looks like I can't assign my camera like usual anymore.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to work. Originally, I had a separate script on "Game Manager" game object which would handle the camera assigning. Although I'm using most of the same code (with the camera code modified), its not assigning the camera to my character when he spawns...
  4. B

It looks like I can't assign my camera like usual anymore.

Hello! A few months ago, I made this thread here: https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/canvas-elements-scripts-like-the-slotidmonitor-cant-find-the-character-ive-spawned-in.4172/ That worked perfectly at the time, but I don't think the solution works in the my version of unity anymore...
  5. B

I'm trying to damage my enemy via a raycast, but its not working.

Oh yeah. I remember learning this earlier, but I guess I forgot again. I think you were the one that responded before, too, so I apologize for essentially asking the same thing! Thankfully, everything works now. I'll commit this to my memory from now on!
  6. B

Hmm, I did this, but now I get this error: Cannot implicitly convert type 'Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits.CharacterHealth' to 'float' Which is strange because the code was able to read the health value before. Maybe I should find an alternate method of applying damage to the enemy?
  7. B

Hello! I know I marked this thread as solved, but I'm getting a strange issue. I got the health from my enemy, and I see the script knows my enemy's current health, but the enemy doesn't seem to notice that its being hurt by the raycast. When I shoot it with an opsive weapon, the health goes...
  8. B

Thank you very much, this works better now!
  9. B

So, I have an ability system that can deal damage to things via a raycast. While it works with enemies I've made separately from the Opsive kit, I can't get it to interact with Opsive's health components. My code is as followed: "EnemyHealth = Enemy.GetComponent<CharacterHealth>();" And I...
  10. B

How would I make a Defense stat?

Perfect. Thanks for your help! And sorry about all the hand holding. Sometimes I can't code anything without being explicitly told how.
  11. B

Thank you very much. While my question is technically solved, I do have one more question. I can't seem to change the player's defense outside of the script, and I'm trying to make a stat script that'll interact with this. I set up an int called "Defense" with the number of defense my player...
  12. B

Hi, sorry this response is so late. I had some issues I needed to attend to first, but I'm back for a bit more help. To clarify, the base.OnDamage needs more code related to it in order to function correctly, right? I assume that'd be related to the "float, Vector3, Vector3, float, int, float...
  13. B

Sorry, I haven't had to create a subclass of anything yet. Would I then place this script directly on the player, or would I have to assign this another way? Also, I'm getting this strange error here with the script: Assets\MyFiles\MyScripts\TestHealth.cs(8,14): error CS7036: There is no...
  14. B

I noticed that there's a stat system in the UCC, the one that handles the health and stamina iirc, and I wondered if I could make a defense stat with this. I've never been able to do this well, but I've been trying to implement a rather simple one which would reduce incoming damage by the number...
  15. B

Are charge attacks a thing in the Ultimate Character Controller?

Sorry if this has been asked before; I'm a little out of practice with the UCC and wanted to implement a function to charge Melee attacks to have them do extra damage. Essentially, you'd hold the attack button for a second to charge the Melee Weapon attack, then release it to do the attack on...