Recent content by AnastaDhara

1. A

Character slows down when running next to a wall

I'm pretty sure there's a setting in one of the locomotion inspectors for this (but I'm at work and slacking off, so can't check). This gives me an idea though... if the walls are slowing the player down that means, somewhere in the code, there is a system that detects when the player is moving...
  2. A

Non-critical warning from KinematicObjectManager

Right... no such issue with a fresh project. I have, however, eliminated the warning by switching the Motor->Update Location in the Ultimate Character Locomotion inspector to Update (rather than Fixed Update). All seems fine now. Not sure what happened. It was on Fixed Update in my...
  3. A

I'll try an installation into a clean project. I'll also try deleting my main camera and player and reinstating them fresh. Will keep you posted.
  4. A

Not that I'm aware of. Nothing has changed on the main camera or player since the update to the latest controller version.
  5. A

Since updating to the latest build, I get the following two warnings multiple times (I think once per update). Everything seems to work fine, however. I'd be keen to get rid of the error though... it's kind of worrying. Any ideas? - Thanks in advance, Anasta. transform.position assign...
  6. A

Error with latest integration in first-person controller

Finally cracked it. So, I had to reinstall all of the Opsive systems again (pretty much all of the available ones) and all of my integrations. Then I diffed my customised scripts with the new official ones and transferred the missing code until everything worked. Took a couple of hours in...
  7. A

Right... So I needed to reinstall the controller using the tool, which then erased my custom stuff and pretty much destroyed my build so far. Luckily I'm in the habit of backing everything up after every session. Not really prepared to reverse engineer my entire project... This isn't, by the...
  8. A

I'm using the package manager. The import function states that there is nothing to update, in that the files in the latest version seem to match those of the previous version. Clearly, however, they don't. I'll keep playing around with this and see if I can find a solution. Some of my...
  9. A

Odd, pretty sure I updated the controller. I'll check again.
  10. A

I have the latest versions of First Person Controller and Behaviour Designer in the latest 2019 LTS build. The latest integrations between the two Opsive packages is throwing an error: ...Behavior Designer\Integrations\UltimateCharacterController\Scripts\Tasks\StartEquipUnequip.cs(67,20)...
  11. A

Mantle/Climb ability

Strange. I have it between Fall and Jump, as you can see. I've checked if there are any mantle presets in my Fall and Jump abilities - no. So I'm not sure why it doesn't work as well for you. I'll try to put a vid of my build in for you later.
  12. A

Mantle/Climb ability

Hi Leth, I had a few issues like that. After playing around with the settings I managed to smooth things out a lot. Here's my setup now: As you can see, I now use the Vertical input instead of a dedicated Climb button. It feels smoother and more natural to climb up things just by walking...
  13. A

Different Sounds for Different Damage Types

Solved it. I needed to add the StateTrigger script to my fire, which does the job just fine. Didn't know that script existed! So, for anyone else interested - Here's how to have a character make different damage sounds on entering a trigger zone, the sound reverting to normal when he/she...
  14. A

Different Sounds for Different Damage Types

Hmm, thanks for that, Andrew. I'd need a way to pass some extra information from the gameobject causing the injury to the health component to mark the damage type, wouldn't I? Could I add a tag to the gameobject and pull that info out? Not sure... Here's where I am so far with a different...
  15. A

Every time I open Unity (and a project trying to open Swimming Demo), screens are turquoise...

My set-up with 2019 LTS does this too, but it goes away when I press play. Oddly, the blue stuff gets rendered before any post-processing effects.