Recent content by almostchris

1. A

How to force-play First Person Arms animations?

Thanks for clearing it up! You should probably mention this prerequisite in the First Person Arms documentation just in case someone else runs into the same issue.
  2. A

Thanks for the reply, Justin, however, none of the parameters are being updated if the character is unequipped. I've tested this with the stock demo scene in a brand new project: I've removed the default Body ItemSet from the character controller and as you can see the FPS arms animator...
  3. A

Is there a way to play certain animations on First Person Arms without having an ItemSet equipped? Enabling the AlwaysActive toggle on the FirstPersonBaseObject only makes the arms visible, however, its animator's parameters only get updated when an ItemSet is equipped. I'm trying to trigger...
  4. A

ItemType category doesn't match the parent category

While I'm a big fan of your cookie-cutter support style, here's a video of the bug in action:
  5. A

Assign Abilities to Item Categories

Well, I've spent almost a week debugging every single class related to the equip activity and as I originally suspected the bug was in the ItemSetManager. The manager would retain a cached version of m_CategoryItemSets and wouldn't update it on Awake so any new ItemType or an old ItemType...
  6. A

Just to clarify, I can get the individual weapons in the main category working without any issues. The problem I'm having is that all the weapons parented to the character's Items object automatically get added to the first category at runtime regardless of the category assigned to the ItemType...
  7. A

Thanks for the quick reply, Justin! I went the disable route using the state system presets. However, I can't get the ItemSetManager to equip any of the Items which don't belong to the Weapons category without losing the default Body melee attacks. I've got the Equip/EquipNext/EquipToggle...
  8. A

I've been going through the docs and code for a couple of days now and can't seem to figure out how to tie a Use ability to an ItemCategory and not the Slot #. I've got the Weapons, Throwables, Disposables, and Consumables categories and would like to trigger the Use ability with different...
  9. A

Multiple Interact options

Thanks for the reply @AI.Sho! I had issues with the trigger approach when a couple of interactive items were within the same vicinity though. I ended up writing a custom Interact ability that uses a Raycast to get all the interactables attached to a single collider and cycles through them based...
  10. A

Multiple Interact options

What would be the best way to implement multiple interact options for a single object? Like for example if players approach a TV they have two interact options to either turn it off or change the channel. Would extending the interact ability to get a list of Interactables make sense or should I...
  11. A

How to convert/cast sharedFloat to float?

I think you've got to get the value of the variable and then cast it to float. This should work: float f_exampleFloat = (float)behaviorTree.GetVariable("MySharedFloatVariable").GetValue();
  12. A

Pooled BehaviorTree reference issues

Hey Justin, so after adding the breakpoint I noticed that the OnAwake method was being called on EnableBehavior() as well as on DisableBehavior(). Is that the intended behavior? Anyway, it seems like when the behavior tree was being despawned and respawned instantly, it would retain references...
  13. A

Basically, I've got two pools one for characters and the other for external BT's. I use the following code when my character gets spawned to pull the BT from the pool: public void OnSpawned() { behaviorTree.DisableBehavior(); behaviorTree.ExternalBehavior =...
  14. A

Hey there, so I've got a BehaviotTree pool set up in order to prevent deserialization at runtime, but I'm having issues reassigning a previously used BT. The pooled BT's retain component references of the first character they've been assigned to. I've tried restarting the tree as well as...
  15. A

Lightweight Locomotion?

Holly crap, you're right, I did have two identical capsule colliders parented to my character... No idea how that happened but after removing one of them, the performance improved substantially. Thanks, Justin! And sorry for wasting your time because of my stupidity ?