Multiple Interact options

almostchris

What would be the best way to implement multiple interact options for a single object? Like for example if players approach a TV they have two interact options to either turn it off or change the channel. Would extending the interact ability to get a list of Interactables make sense or should I set up multiple interact abilities and extend the message monitor to show multiple hints at the same time?

I think the simplest way is to make a script that'll show the menu on entering tv collider, and then calling appropriate ability by UltimateCharacterLocomotion.TryStartAbility(). See the docs for hints

Thanks for the reply @AI.Sho! I had issues with the trigger approach when a couple of interactive items were within the same vicinity though. I ended up writing a custom Interact ability that uses a Raycast to get all the interactables attached to a single collider and cycles through them based on ID.
However, I couldn't find a way to display multiple ability messages at the same time with the MessageMonitor, so I guess I'll just have to come up with something from scratch :eek: