Zoom In "First Person Camera"

JohnDraisey

Hello,

I added some post processing scripts to my MainCamera, but noticed that when I aim down the sights that the Scope view is very dark. How do I fix this?

1538637499967.png

You'll also need to apply the post processing effects to the scope camera.

So applying the same post-processing scripts to the main camera doubled up the brightness overall. So I decided to apply post processing only to the scope camera, which seems to affect the main camera as well. So that's good to know.

But there's still a dark overlay on the scope, even with all post-processing turned off.

I should mention that I changed my project from Gamma to Linear. Is there a texture overlayed onto the scope view that you could point me towards?

1538664890492.png

The sniper rifle doesn't have this darkness issue with its scope, so I just want to make sure I understand what's happening with the assault rifle.

You're right, I see that they're both pointing to the same render texture, and even have the same camera depth. I'm going to install version 2.0.2 and see how it goes. Thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

With a fresh install, the Assault Rifle scope looks fine.

But after Enlighten bakes, the scope on the Assault Rifle is dark. For some reason, Enlighten must be baking something related to the Assault Rifle at the beginning of the Demo?

Top Image is WITH Enlighten.

Bottom Images is WITHOUT Enlighten.

Visual with Enlighten.pngVisual without Enlighten.png

Last edited:
Hmm.. strange. Unfortunately I don't know the inner workings of Enlighten enough to know why it's doing that. This may be a good questions for the Unity forum.

Yeah, maybe I'll be able to avoid this with a new project. I'll try building with my own assets in a scene from scratch. Thanks.