Why breakpoint dose not work?

kaleidosgu

Hi,
when I set a breakpoint on a task then I play the game. The breakpoints would not pause the game. The tasks would execute immediately. I don't why. Is that anything I missed?

This isn't a Ultimate Character Controller question, it's a Behaviour Designer question. Please ensure you use the correct forum category next time.
More information is required please. What version of Behaviour Designer and what version of Unity are you using? Please note that if it's an alpha or beta version of Unity, support will be limited as Opsive does not support said versions of Unity.

I think I found the issue by myself. Because not each node would trigger the breakpoint which like log, wait. If I set breakpoint on compare tag it works.
Thank you for reply. Sorry for post this question to this category that I didnot figure out.

This isn't a Ultimate Character Controller question, it's a Behaviour Designer question. Please ensure you use the correct forum category next time.
More information is required please. What version of Behaviour Designer and what version of Unity are you using? Please note that if it's an alpha or beta version of Unity, support will be limited as Opsive does not support said versions of Unity.

The issue is that it takes a frame for the editor to hook up with the runtime. Because your entire tree runs in one tick it is completing before the editor has a chance to talk to the tree. If you place a breakpoint any frame after the first tick then it will correctly pause.

Thanks a lot.

The issue is that it takes a frame for the editor to hook up with the runtime. Because your entire tree runs in one tick it is completing before the editor has a chance to talk to the tree. If you place a breakpoint any frame after the first tick then it will correctly pause.