What is this chest?

soprarnat

Hello.

For the past weeks I have been working on a way to smoothly change between Opsive characters and a freelook camera. If a character is selected, then I can take control of it both in third and first person. If I deselect it, then I go back to the freelook camera and the character is controlled back by Behavior Designer. Everything is fine until now, with the exception of one problem.

If the character is stopped before I choose it, the FPS camera is properly set up. However, if this character is doing anything else (e.g.moving), then strange things happen to the FPS camera, like the character's chest popping up.

For instance, this is the example of taking control of a character when it is not moving:

And this is the example of taking control of a character while it is moving:

The process is exactly the same for both, but, as you can see, in the second case there is a chest popping up. It never happens if the character is idle.

I tried to play with the camera and many variables in the Opsive's prefab to make this effect disappear, but for no avail. I'm using Unity 2019.1.0f2.

Thanks for the help.