Weapons facing wrong direction

ashulgach

At some point during working on my game, the FPS Weapons started spawning side ways. I don't remember changing any settings during the time when this happened, but what would cause it? It's not the camera, because the camera is still facing the right direction.

In this photo, I turned the camera down so you could see more of the arm model. Thanks!

EDIT: Resolved !The solution was simple. on "First Person Objects" there was "Rotate With Crosshair" enabled. That caused the arms to rotate 90 degrees and not move with the camera properly. Unchecking that caused everything to go back to normal.

The odd part is that on the demo scene that check box is enabled, so using those settings caused it to break.

Sideways.JPG

Last edited:
Check the transforms of the visible item objects..? Not sure how these would have been changed unless there's a prefab situation going on and stuff's getting reset... Justin explains setting the transform on visible first person items at around 9:45 in this video:

I should mention, these are runtime pickups. Something changes with the pickup that this is suddenly happening. When I start spawned with the item it's just fine. Editing the transforms at runtime don't work because they snap back to a locked position due to the way UFPS works. The weapon is lined up perfectly with the arms. The arms are just sideways.

I'll add. Even if I do what's in the video and rotate it 90 degrees and reposition, the animations play sideways. It doesn't fix the animations. So the broken positioning isn't the springs.

Sideways2.JPG

Last edited:
If you look at the transform hierarchy what transform is rotated incorrect? Is it the First Person Objects GameObject or something else?

RESOLVED: The solution was simple. on "First Person Objects" there was "Rotate With Crosshair" enabled. That caused the arms to rotate 90 degrees and not move with the camera properly. Unchecking that caused everything to go back to normal.

The odd part is that on the demo scene that check box is enabled, so using those settings caused it to break.