Weapon Location Problems

Arachai

I am having an issue where I setup a weapon, pause and set its position and rotation, copy those settings into the Third Person Perspective of the weapon and get different results than what is expected. The weapon looks great and lined up pretty good when pausing and starting but when I go in and play the scene then aim the weapon is angled off than what the settings are? Below are images of what I am talking about:

Weapon Setup:
shooter01.png

Playing in Scene:
shooter02.png

Weapon Settings:
shooter03.png

I have not changed any animations or settings from the demo scene character. What am I missing or doing wrong?

What local position/rotation is the weapon placed in? Is it the one specified by the perspective item?

Yes, I am setting the position of the weapon with the perspective item. What's weird is that if I pause and play with Aim set to Automatic it looks just like I originally positioned it; If I play with Aim set to Button Down Continuous it comes out wonky.

The video is accurate for the current version so I recommend that you follow it again. Instead of using your own model I recommend using the included demo assets so you can follow the exact same steps. Once you have the workflow down you can then use your own models.

My guess is that it relates to the animation state when you are retrieving the local transform.

The video is accurate for the current version so I recommend that you follow it again. Instead of using your own model I recommend using the included demo assets so you can follow the exact same steps. Once you have the workflow down you can then use your own models.

My guess is that it relates to the animation state when you are retrieving the local transform.
Hey Justin, so after a few weeks of messing around I decided to explore the layout of the rig of the character I was using in blender and what I found was a mess of bones! I bought another character from the asset store to test and low and behold everything works as expected!