Weapon bounce

Double check the state name set in the Speed Change ability and the state name in your state list. Also make sure there aren't any other state presets blocking it, or other concurrent abilities that might be setting their own state and overwriting the Speed Change state.

That was in, I went into speed change it didn't have "run". However my weapon bounce is still far too high and I can't figure out why, I'll contact you in DM for a paid session.

Hey Andrew, to follow up on our meeting. I have tried having the animator for the arms on the object before separating, them with the FPS controller, then it stayed on for the object of the arms as I created them, which then autopopulated in the character created to the correct thing, but when creating the character the arms don't move at all. It's the same result. If I change it back to the normal FPS controller animator the arms work as they already have been for me.

I noticed even in the FPS mesh integration video Justin uses the arms with the UFPS character animator and not the arms animator. Which if that truly is the root of the issue then even that tutorial isn't correct to get "nolan" style weapon bounce. Not really sure what to do as even an hour together hasn't solved the issue.

Maybe Justin has some idea of what is happening, I think everyone must be encountering this issue that uses their own models with FPS mesh tool.

Maybe it's related to the full body animations? Since you are using FPS Mesh Tool the first person arms animations will have some movement to them with the humanoid animations. With the generic animator the arm animations don't have any movement and it's all driven by the spring system.

So if I put the first person arms animator on the arms, it has no reference to any of the bones, and simply will not work. If I put the first person character controller animator on the arms, (as you do in the FPS mesh video) the arms appear to function correctly. But Andrew and I noticed that with this configuration the arms bounce around way too much any time a new direction is pressed.

For example from sitting still, if I tap WSAD it's like it's snapping to a location each time to start the animation which advisably causes too much movement. This is especially obvious when using the AIM function (holding right mouse) you can see the gun bouncing all around.

This issue doesn't happen in the demo scene so the only conclusion Andrew and I could come to after our meeting was that it had to be the fact that the arms were using the character animator so reacting differently than the FPS arms animator would.

Andrew suggested at the end of our meeting that perhaps the arms animator should be added to the model before separating the arms, that way they could potentially find their bones correct. I attempted this to no avail.

That's all the information I have so far. Andrew has an example scene that properly demonstrates the issue, I can give you a link to that privately if you need Justin.

As for what you said above that sort of makes sense to me, but I'm not sure how to apply that information, if you have a route I could go to experiment further I will try it.

Thank you for your time Andrew, and Justin,

-Seth

In this case you'll need to create new humanoid animations that don't move at all. You'll then use those animations within animator assigned to your FPS Mesh Tool created avatar. Unfortunately I don't think that there's a way other than that if you want to use FPS Mesh Tool.

For the best results in first person mode you should have a setup similar to the demo scene where the arms are separate from the character using a generic rig.