Vehicle Interaction not working...

Grab Ultimate Seating Controller and be happy :) not only can you drive, but you can switch seats, have passengers, have vehicle weapons that are dedicated to any seat, shoot character weapons from windows etc and a great new extension for it the Helicopter System. Also, any user issue is handled and under the hood is automatically rectified when it comes to entering and exiting. A minimal setup can be done with a few clicks and the editor for it makes setup for any scenario a breeze.

Grab Ultimate Seating Controller and be happy :) not only can you drive, but you can switch seats, have passengers, have vehicle weapons that are dedicated to any seat, shoot character weapons from windows etc and a great new extension for it the Helicopter System. Also, any user issue is handled and under the hood is automatically rectified when it comes to entering and exiting. A minimal setup can be done with a few clicks and the editor for it makes setup for any scenario a breeze.
Also on that, seamless integration with RCC, super easy integration with Crest documented. Will integrate with absolutelty any other well designed vehicle system, its bridge between UCC and Vehicle Systems, or simply for making still objects that can fire, like Manned Turrets, it can be used to setup "seats" on any object.

@GearedGeek thanks for putting this doc together. I'm surprised that none of the things you cite seem to be mentioned in any official docs or videos I've seen so far regarding the drive ability . I am having a massively frustrating time setting up a simple vehicle (just a box) with a new character. I only want to be able to have my character approach the box(vehicle), press "f" and have him teleport to the right position. Days of trying have resulted in absolutely no progress. This seems like a great character controller, but I'm nearing the point of abandoning it and writing my own.
For your own setup if you do decide to do that, remove the addignored and remove ignoredcolliders from the drive sources code. I has some trouble with it when making my asset due to the sheer versatility, and found other ways around it.

I was not able to create a video, but what problem are you having? Are you using the most recent RCC integration?
I'm not using RCC, I was hoping to just copy the Skycar prefab from the demo scene and use that exact same car. I can get in the car by pressing F. It opens the doors, smoothly enters the car but when it goes inside the car the character automatically goes on the top of the car and it doesn't drive. I followed the instructions at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FnfFrebRrjPAMC-zJFIJkiBAgFh8nVdzbxHAOpcQvYc/edit but doesn't seem to help

Last edited:
No, you don't need RCC for that.

Did you make sure to set the drive location? It also sounds like it could be a collision problem. If you take the sky car from the demo scene does it work? What if you have the demo character get in your sky car?

Ah I see, no RCC is not required at all. Are the layers all setup the same as demo? Try just adding new layer, "car" or something, ignore collision in project collision matrix between character and new layer. Set car collider layers to that new layer, make sure the ability is looking for the new layer. then finally on the character layer manager, make sure the new layer is in the solid objects mask.

Thanks for the pointers! I use the Skycar prefab and I narrowed it down where now if I use the Nolan prefab it works very well in my scene (I only had to drag the Nolan prefab and add the drive ability), but when it's my own Opsive Third Person Character it enters and exits the car properly but the car "flies" (video:
). I can see that I can rotate the wheels while it flies so it seems it can be controlled properly. I was wondering what should be my next step to understand the difference between Nolan and my character on why mine makes the car fly?

Thanks for the pointers! I use the Skycar prefab and I narrowed it down where now if I use the Nolan prefab it works very well in my scene (I only had to drag the Nolan prefab and add the drive ability), but when it's my own Opsive Third Person Character it enters and exits the car properly but the car "flies" (video:
). I can see that I can rotate the wheels while it flies so it seems it can be controlled properly. I was wondering what should be my next step to understand the difference between Nolan and my character on why mine makes the car fly?
My guess is layers not set correctly. When I first designed my asset for UCC2 I had the same issues lol, car would just fly off, I ended up making it fail-safe by the layer and collision matrix setup. And also by NOT using add ignored colliders.