Using A Particle System As Rocket Projectile

SteveC

Hey y'all!

When firing a rocket from the Nolan character's RPG, it emits particles as the model moves.

Some particle systems don't use a moving point to emit, it fires the "rocket" from a fixed point, has collision and supplies its own explosion:

1591729718869.png

Is there a good way to use this kind of effect in something like a rocket launcher?

Thanks much!

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't 100% understand what you're trying to achieve - do you want to have your own custom particle emitter created at the point where the rocket is fired, and have this emitter remain stationary at that position? If that's the case, you should be able to spawn a prefab (which contains your particle system setup) upon firing the rocket using an event, or even attach a simple custom script to the rocket prefab which spawns your particle system prefab. Is that roughly what you're going for?

Was more wondering if there was a built-in way to handle this. I came up with a couple hacky ways of doing it that never really worked correctly, it's just a cool effect and I was hoping to use it in this way, but I'm not really lookin to reinvent the wheel here =)