Unity AI Navigation support

Hi all,

So I'm using the Unity 2022 LTS and have been using the new AI Navigation package. I created a basic behaviour tree with a Patrol task, except using the NavMeshSurface component doesn't seem to be working. The console was outputting an error saying that my agent needed to be on a NavMesh. When I baked using the old menu, the errors disappeared and the agent started moving. Does the Behaviour Tree/Movement Pack not currently work with the new AI Navigation package?

Thanks.

I’ve been using BD + Movement pack in 2021 with the com.unity.ai.navigation. 1.04 package from the package manager and it works.

I mean, it’s got it’s issues but it works more less.

Did you delete the original Navmesh before you baked it with the scene object? Maybe there is some confusion if they are both loaded?

Or, it is entirely possible that the version for 2022 is different and somehow broken, I do remember seeing that there were changes in the package as it is now officially released for 2022.

I’ve been using BD + Movement pack in 2021 with the com.unity.ai.navigation. 1.04 package from the package manager and it works.

I mean, it’s got it’s issues but it works more less.

Did you delete the original Navmesh before you baked it with the scene object? Maybe there is some confusion if they are both loaded?

Or, it is entirely possible that the version for 2022 is different and somehow broken, I do remember seeing that there were changes in the package as it is now officially released for 2022.
My scene was only using the new NavMeshSurface components, I didn't use the legacy NavMesh window. It was a fresh scene with just a character. I am using 2022 LTS with AI Navigation 1.1.3, which is the latest version. Maybe something has been changed :unsure:

The new navigation package is not currently supported. I have it on my list but haven't been able to add support for it yet.

I don't have any updates. It likely won't be until later next year. I do offer paid support that would allow me to get it out sooner. If you'd like to go that route send me an email at support@opsive.com.