Unequip an item by toggling Equip Unequip with an input

Cheo

Hello, both @Piyush and @Viktor asked me if it was possible to unequip a currently held weapon by using an input like Equip First Item. It is totally possible to equip a specific weapon like this, but it doesn't seem to work the other way around out of the box. I personally don't need this at the moment, but I think this is something we could naturally expect UCC to do out of the box, so I don't know if we're missing something or if the ability needs a change. Thanks in advance.

Hello @Cheo @Justin Sir, Unequip/equip ability is too much buggy as far as i am experiencing with it.

Situation 1 - Suppose you have only 1 item in inventory, when u pick it up it auto equips which is great, but u cant unequip it (because u dont have other equipping/unequipping ability, just the main one) So, I coded a line that when i press 0 it unequips everything, now after i press 0 then if i want to equip item again by pressing 1 then it never lets me re-equip that item

Solution to Situation 1 - if i have 2 items in my inventory then pressing 2 lets me equip 2nd item but i am never able to equip 1st item from empty hands which feels kinda weird and buggy so to fix it all i am planning to completely remove equip and unequip ability because i am really close to release and use my custom code to handle this.

Also I believe using same input to equip and unequip is really a must, for eg pressing 1 gives u flashlight, then pressing 1 again removes it aka sends u to empty hand condition

Also I am having more troubles with this ability, probably next week i will be able to give well explained details on this topic. This week i need to finish the game so i can make sure to release on 29th feb

This would be a feature request. The Equip Unequip ability is not able to unequip without switching to another item.

@Justin Sir but sir still i think it should be fixed or made properly, because for small games like horror games i have been making at the moment they dont need UIS to be honest, as u know i own it myself and i have even learnt it a bit but still its not required at all for this horror game i have been working.

UIS is to be honest huge asset and best inventory solution but at same time i would use it for my open world games, horror games dont need that kind of inventory as u know Sir..

It looks like I edited my post before you saw it. Take a look above - once I understood the problem better it's a new feature request and not related to inventory. I am not actively working on new features for the controller right now due to Behavior Designer and Omni Animation.

@Justin oh right sir i just refreshed the page hehehehe
I think we cant say it as a new feature request properly i mean it just needs little changes to make it perfect.

But yes of course we need to explain the problem to you properly, for that if anyone else made a video before me then its great else i will post a video and full explained text by next week ❤️ ❤️