Unable to unequip with UCC and UIS

celestinlap

Hi ! :)
I followed each videos exactly (but with my prefabs) and i got everything working except the unequipping action, i worked on that the whole day to fix it and its still not working. I can equip, but after that i can only equip it again and again without being able to unequip it (from the inventory ui)

I will need a bit more context to help you.
Could you record a video of the issue and paste it here with streamer.com?

Also please send me a screenshot of your Character Bridge and Inventory Inspectors.

Do you get any warnings/errors in the console? If so please send me the full message stack.

Since this issue is related to equip/unequip please show me the ItemAction you are using for unequipping.

And finally, the unequip in UCC works with an animation (most of the time). So can you confirm you are not pausing the game time while the Inventory is opened?

Hi ! Thanks for the quick answer :)

Streamer.com dont seem to exist for me, so i put the video on youtube

There's no errors and no, im not pausing the game :)

character bridge.pnginventory.pngitem action.png

That's odd....
Everything you should looks like it is correctly setup

But you mentioned you dont' have errors, but I do see a warning in the video you recorded.

Please share the warning full message it might give some insight on what went wrong

Well I'm not sure....
I would recommend you double check that you are indeed using the ItemAction you showed in the screenshot above. And anything else that might be related.

If you can't solve this by Monday, then I would recommend you send me your project by email and I will look into it in detail to see what's going on.

I really double checked everything haha, i spent a whole day on that, im sure my character is also setup the same way as the one in the integration, i double checked every components. It worked with the equip item action (move to collection) from the inventory system but i need to toggle equip with e to equip the weapon after, i dont want to have to do that, i tried to setup it automatically but it wasnt successful

In that case perhaps its some obscure bug, send me your project and I will look into this issue in more detail.

I'm sorry you had to waset one day on it

zip the project and send the download link to our email.
Make sure to not not include unecessary folders like Library, Logs, UserSettings to reduce the zip size

Hi,
Sorry for the delay. It took awhile to download and import.

Figuring out the bug was rather easy. I made a typo in the CharacterEquipUnequipItemAction script. I apologize about that.

The reason we never found this out before is that it works when items are both Unique&Mutable. In your case your sword was Unique but not Mutable.
So changing it to this "fixed" the issue.
1715762697794.png

But the real fix is changing this line of code in the CharacterEquipUnequipItemAction (line 72), notice the "item" should be "itemInfo":
m_Equip = !inventorySystemBridge.BridgeItemCollections.Contains(itemInfo.ItemCollection);

Thank you for your time and sending us your project to diagnostic this issue.