Ultimate Character Controller WIP

In version 2.1 you'll be able to set custom scales on your character's transform. While this seems like a standard Unity feature it has to specifically be added when the controller is doing all of the collision detection.

Hi, Jusin. I use Nolan as the character, adjust the scale to 0.1, the character's posture will be wrong. Does the character's scale have to be greater than 1?

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, Jusin. I use Nolan as the character, adjust the scale to 0.1, the character's posture will be wrong. Does the character's scale have to be greater than 1?
You can have a smaller scale but by setting such a small scale you'll need to make other adjustments such as to the IK foot offset and capsule collider positioner offset.

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
First beta for the Agility Pack is out! More info here:

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The next UCC open will be general quality of life improvements that I wasn't able to make earlier because of the 2.1/Agility Pack release. The first thing that I've added is the ability to move with an object. The object must update within fixed update in order for it to be smooth but moving objects should be updated at this time anyway. Here's a gif of the character moving on an object that is updated outside of the Kinematic Object Manager loop:

This platform has the following code:

Code:
public class MyPlatform : MonoBehaviour {

public void FixedUpdate()
    {
        transform.position += new Vector3(Time.fixedDeltaTime, 0, 0);
    }
}
No IKinematicObjects required! There is also a new ability that goes along with this that allows you to specify which object the character should move with.

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The next version of the character controller will work with the lightweight render pipeline:

RedHawk

The next UCC open will be general quality of life improvements that I wasn't able to make earlier because of the 2.1/Agility Pack release. The first thing that I've added is the ability to move with an object. The object must update within fixed update in order for it to be smooth but moving objects should be updated at this time anyway. Here's a gif of the character moving on an object that is updated outside of the Kinematic Object Manager loop:

This platform has the following code:

Code:
public class MyPlatform : MonoBehaviour {

public void FixedUpdate()
    {
        transform.position += new Vector3(Time.fixedDeltaTime, 0, 0);
    }
}
No IKinematicObjects required! There is also a new ability that goes along with this that allows you to specify which object the character should move with.
Request: 1) Expose a boolean to prevent the character from moving around, 2) Expose a boolean that rotates the character in any direction with the object, 3)Expose a boolean to disable gravity. I think these will allow a character to pilot an airplane and stay in the seat when doing a loop, walk around a cargo ship/airplane/spaceship, drive a car and stay in the seat properly while flipping or crashing or rolling over, fly a dragon while doing all sorts of maneuvers, etc...