UCC and Rewired intergration

Tempus

I started testing and learning the UCC with Rewired almost two years ago. Work and life got in the way. I now am starting again with a simple project, but getting errors when I import the rewired integration package. No idea why it is not working now as it was working before. Only thing I can think of is something with updates to the packages over time.

Can someone tell me what I have done wrong!

I setup a new project in 2019.1.2f1 nothing installed except for rewired and UCC. The moment I add the integration pack, errors.

Also tested with same result in 2018.3.2f1

unity errors.jpg

Last edited:
Just checking but is Rewired imported and set up in your project? Because I haven't came across those issues before and I'm currently using Rewired for my project.

I installed it into the general project with basic setup... as no matter what I did, it was not working. So went from scratch. Clean project with nothing. Installed UCC and Rewired. Hit play and was all good. Granted nothing on screen as nothing is even done yet. However, when I install the integration pack from Opsive for Rewired, straight away they pop up without even hitting play.

Based off of those errors it doesn't look like the Ultimate Character Controller is imported. I would try a fresh import again with the latest version of Rewired and UCC. Make sure you don't have any other scripts which could be polluting the global namespace.

They are both latest updates and clean installs. repeated a number of times. I will try removing from my computer and re downloading. But if it was a fault with the payload, then shouldn't it fail outright?

Might have found the reason...... Left is the new download, and right is the old one I had saved from December 2018.
A LOT of stuff not included ?!?
unity errors 2.jpg

Might have found the reason...... Left is the new download, and right is the old one I had saved from December 2018.
A LOT of stuff not included ?!?
View attachment 3046

That's because the version 2.2 contains an installer that installs UCC for you (This is done to migrate from 2.1 to 2.2).

:unsure: OK. Did not notice the installer. But size is looking correct. So was looking up the wrong tree.
Just re downloaded all fresh and all worked fine till I loaded the rewired add on.
Do I need to correct some values in the add on, or is it needing replacing? I have not looked at the code yet as wanted to find out here first and let you know of a possible issue.

Have you completed the Rewired setup described in the documentation?

OK. from what all have said. I looked into it more. Seems that my computer was not installing fully for some reason. Might be a Windows issue as it was stopping and or freezing mid process. Finally managed to install it completely, and first look is OK. But will need to test out a scene first. Thank you for the help and hopefully it is fixed now.