Trying to understand the look offset and anchor priority

DankP3

Re: the camera control and different states:

I would like to change the Look Offset with states to use the Look Offset Smoothing, for example in this crawl camera angle, you see the look offset is interrupted by the crossbar collider of the obstacle:

If I adjust the Anchor Offset, this doesn't happen (this is how i would like the end product to look), but i have no smoothing for this to aid transitions between states:

The Forward Axis is (0,0,1), so i had assumed the camera would look for obstructions from its position to the Anchor + Offset. It feels like it is looking for obstructions from it's position to the Anchor (irrespective of the Forward Axis). This feels like an unintended activity?

If this is intended, the question is how do adjust Anchor/Offset height with smoothing and without reacting to 'false' obstructions?

Thanks

I remember that I ran into a similar situation with crawl from the Agility Pack. For the crawl ability I created a preset that moves the look offset and collision anchor offset down so when a collision is being detecting it will fire the raycast from the correct position. This preset is called CrawlAdventurePreset.

In normal situations it fires the raycast from the top of the characters head, but since you are crawling that offset needs to change.

Thanks, will take a look.

EDIT, for the reference of others, adjusting the collision anchor offset as well as the look offset was all that was needed.

Last edited: