Trouble with newly created character

TrungDong

After play for months with UCC by using pre-created character Nolan which I copied from the Demoscene. Now I determined to create a new character (step by step by watching the tutorial video, except one thing that I do not check Ragdoll checkbox because my game do not need it) and encountered many problems.

1. The sound. New character does not have the impact sound when he jumps/lands as Nolan does. After some code reading and debugging, I found out that the new character's abilities Jump and Fall did not assign "Jump surface impact" and "Land surface impact" yet (which I think it should be assigned by default).

2. The Collider. Nolan collider is perfectly fit on the ground, while my new character's collider is sunk in the ground (see attached images). So when I move between platform (same height), it is stuck.

Nolan:
Nolan.png

My character:
My character.png

3. The footsteps.
Nolan's footstep is perfect, while my character generates 2 footsteps each one step while walking. So when he is slowly walking, the footstep sounds like he is running in a hurry.

All I do is just creating a first-person character step by step following this video:
I can fix the 1st problem, but how about the second and third one?
Is there an easy way to create a character exactly as Nolan in the demoscene, with my new model?

Last edited:
1. If you use the Nolan State Configuration Profile then it'll bring in all of the settings from Nolan, including the jump and fall surface impacts.

2. Where is the pivot location of your character? It should be at the base of the character so the collider can extend all of the way down.

3. This could be related to number 2 - lets get that one solved first.

Do you have a scale set on your character or any child objects? All scales must be (1,1,1) until the next version.

Beyond that what happens if you disable the CapsuleColliderPositioner? If it still doesn't work and can send me your scene I can take a look at it.

It worked! My character had the scale 1.1. Change to 1 and all the problems disappeared.
I will try using the Nolan State Configuration Profile, not sure if it really brings all feature to this new character or not (all things I want to do is just change the model).
Just tried to pick up a gun (which worked for Nolan), but don't know why it did not work for my new character. I'm not sure using Nolan State Configuration Profile can resolve this problem. Maybe I have to attach the gun to my character in the editor first?