TrajectoryObject 'Move' function with fast moving bullet objects

Idodi

Hi,

The way we understand the TrajectoryObject move function it makes a single cast to check collision, but if the object moves really fast then it CAN pass through the target by missing the cast. The way Unity3D physics handles this is through continuous collision on the RigidBody, but the implementation here uses ray casting. Is this a known issue? am I wrong in my description of how trajectory collision works?

Thanks!

In theory the object shouldn't ever be able to pass through a collider, because Move does a cast from its current position to its target position. You could have an issue if the other collider somehow moves in-between the object's Move calls (e.g. if one is using Update and the other FixedUpdate).

We checked this in a multiplayer environment where one player doesn't move and the other shoots at him. The projectile will only hit sometimes. Any other ideas?

We're researching this now I'll update you on our findings. Thanks

Last edited:
Hm well TrajectoryObject.Move gets called from FixedUpdate, if your characters are using Update as their update location that might be the cause.