Third person combat face direction, but with adventure run direction.

zoicelols

I want the third person combat face direction with mouse look, but at the same time I want the adventure run style. So the only thing I want from adventure is the smooth transition from directional change while running since it only uses the forward input animation and translates it to every direction.
When I use the combat style so that I can get the face direction feature, I also replaced all of the run backwards, left and right with my forward animation multiplied and edited with each direction having a root transformation offset difference for forward left right and backward left right as well as backward. When done this way it looks unnatural when transitioning between each of the directions. Very robotic. The adventure style looks so smooth.

How can I get the combat style to use only one run animation for every direction like the adventure style?

I would start with a fresh animator and add your states to that animator. From here you'll be able to place the exact animations so you can get the exact results that you are going for.

I would start with a fresh animator and add your states to that animator. From here you'll be able to place the exact animations so you can get the exact results that you are going for.
Well when I choose my character to be third person combat style by default or third person adventure by default, it already chooses what animator movement states to use. Adventure only uses one forward run animation for every direction. How do I change which movement animations are played for each of the default preselected types? Combat and adventure movement types. I am asking how both different movement types default to using the same animator state but specific differences within the same blend tree when changed back and forth. Maybe a parameter spot on the locomotion I am missing?

Combat will set the horizontal input, whereas adventure keeps everything within forward input The demo scene starts an ability called IntDataSetter when you are in adventure mode which sets the int data so the lean animations can play. This ability really is specific to the demo scene but you may want to adopt it for your situation.