The behaviors disappeared and printed some errors on the console

Sinn

Hello, Opsive.

Today, I developed my Game AI as usual. After I assigned a global variable to a local variable in the specific task, all behaviors disappeared. And print these error messages on the console. What should I need to do to fix this problem? This behavior has taken me some days to optimize. I don't know what I need to do now, and I am afraid of losing all of these tasks. These are the error message.

Best regards.

Hi, Opsive.

Because of the lag when I update pictures on this forum, I have posted this problem on both Unity and here. You can just reply to me here. This problem is very serious for me. Do you have any solutions to fix it?

I have found some details. I restored the project to the previous version and found the behavior tree which has not corrupted yet. This error appears when I assign this global variable to the task variable.

error4.png

Last edited:
I have gotten help from discord. using JSON instead of binary serialization in the Behavior Designer preferences can fix this problem. But the tree has corrupted can't restore by itself.
;)
;)
:D:D:DSo, the most important thing is back up your project regularly.

I'm glad that you got it working with JSON serialization. I haven't seen that error before though - can you send a repro tree to support@opsive.com so I can take a closer look? I'd like to get it fixed for the next version.

Hey, Justin. Thanks for your reply. The file has corrupted, and can't open anymore. But I have backup the errored behavior tree. Should I need to send the task files as well?

Sending the both the corrupted and backup behavior tree would be great. I will need the tree to be able to compile so if you can also send any task dependencies that'll make it easier for me to reproduce.