Stuck in Free Look Mode

JohnThicc

I need to have the player motor set to FixedUpdate but when I enable it, it seems like I'm stuck in Free Look mode, even though Combat mode is enabled. Pretty sure this is a bug.
2021-02-11_20h37_28.png

Edit: I updated my version of the FPS Controller to 2.2, didn't fix it so then I deleted my character and Main Camera and set them up from scratch. Solved the problem.

Last edited:
Are you able to reproduce it within the demo scene? Based on your screenshot the combat mode is selected.

Are you able to reproduce it within the demo scene? Based on your screenshot the combat mode is selected.
Hi, Justin. I just loaded up the "FirstPersonControllerDemo" scene and everything works as intended. Very strange :/

Yeah the combat mode is selected, the only change I made is set the motor to run on FixedUpdate but it's acting as if Free Look is selected. I can try and make a video for if you'd like.

Edit: I actually just discovered something weird in the demo scene. Whether the Motor is running on Update or FixedUpdate, it's stuck on Combat mode and Free Look won't work at all. Hoping this info is relevant and can help fix my issue.

Edit#2: Here's a video: https://streamable.com/xifz9i

Last edited:
Edit: I actually just discovered something weird in the demo scene. Whether the Motor is running on Update or FixedUpdate, it's stuck on Combat mode and Free Look won't work at all. Hoping this info is relevant and can help fix my issue.
How can I reproduce that in the demo scene?

How can I reproduce that in the demo scene?
I'm not too sure you can. If yours is working fine then I'm guessing mine got corrupted somehow. The only thing I've tried changing so far on my character is the Update methods on the Motor as shown in the video on my scene, so I really don't know ?‍♂️ Can I send you my copy of the demo scene?

Are you using the latest version? I prefer the repro steps from a fresh project just so it's easier for me to see what is going on but if you aren't able to do that you can send me the scene (along with supporting assets).

Are you using the latest version? I prefer the repro steps from a fresh project just so it's easier for me to see what is going on but if you aren't able to do that you can send me the scene (along with supporting assets).
Sorry I updated the OP but I also should've updated my previous comment. I resolved the issue by updating to the latest version and making a fresh Nolan character and Main Camera.

Thank you.

Last edited: