StateInspectorHelper

Papazingo

Hi,

Im using states with the playmaker set state action and noticed that it has created multiple New Game Objects with the State Inspector Helper script attached. The game Objects are not named, is this normal?

That component shouldn't be visible - can you describe how to reproduce it?

Im using the Playmaker Set state Action to change states during runtime, for example, I am activating a gameobject with a Playmaker FSM that sets the state for the Jump ability. at the moment it doesnt change it back to default before i stop runtime, would this cause the gameobject to stay in the hierarchy?

Is it safe to delete these blank gameobjects?

You can remove those GameObjects. Are you able to send me a repro scene that shows the GameObject being created?

I have same problem, but my project is very large. I remove this object, but if I select on inspector some objects with TPC, they spammed again!

Which objects are causing this to happen when you select their inspector? Does this happen during play mode or edit mode?

I have same problem, but my project is very large. I remove this object, but if I select on inspector some objects with TPC, they spammed again!
On both, on edit and on play mode, when I select my AI objects with TPC.

Now I see what I have errors on debug:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.Inventory.ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.OnItemSetStateListDraw (UnityEngine.Rect rect, System.Int32 index, System.Boolean isActive, System.Boolean isFocused) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/Inventory/ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.cs:470)
UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList.DoListElements (UnityEngine.Rect listRect, UnityEngine.Rect visibleRect) (at <7ca9a09aeae542ab86253a551b1c89a0>:0)
UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList.DoList (UnityEngine.Rect rect, UnityEngine.Rect visibleRect) (at <7ca9a09aeae542ab86253a551b1c89a0>:0)
UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList.DoList (UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at <7ca9a09aeae542ab86253a551b1c89a0>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Editor.Inspectors.StateSystem.StateInspector.DrawStates (UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList reorderableList, UnityEditor.SerializedObject serializedObject, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty states, System.String selectedIndexKey, UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList+ElementCallbackDelegate drawCallback, UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList+AddCallbackDelegate addCallback, UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList+ReorderCallbackDelegate reorderCallback, UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList+RemoveCallbackDelegate removeCallback) (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/Editor/Inspectors/StateSystem/StateInspector.cs:83)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.Inventory.ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.DrawSelectedItemSet (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemSet itemSet, System.Int32 index) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/Inventory/ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.cs:442)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.Inventory.ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/Inventory/ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.cs:101)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <772fffca5f8f4126948faf45cfbc3ba4>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Are you running the most recent version of the controller? If you are and can tell me how to reproduce it I can take a look.

On both, on edit and on play mode, when I select my AI objects with TPC.

Now I see what I have errors on debug:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.Inventory.ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.OnItemSetStateListDraw (UnityEngine.Rect rect, System.Int32 index, System.Boolean isActive, System.Boolean isFocused) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/Inventory/ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.cs:470)
UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList.DoListElements (UnityEngine.Rect listRect, UnityEngine.Rect visibleRect) (at <7ca9a09aeae542ab86253a551b1c89a0>:0)
UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList.DoList (UnityEngine.Rect rect, UnityEngine.Rect visibleRect) (at <7ca9a09aeae542ab86253a551b1c89a0>:0)
UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList.DoList (UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at <7ca9a09aeae542ab86253a551b1c89a0>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Editor.Inspectors.StateSystem.StateInspector.DrawStates (UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList reorderableList, UnityEditor.SerializedObject serializedObject, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty states, System.String selectedIndexKey, UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList+ElementCallbackDelegate drawCallback, UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList+AddCallbackDelegate addCallback, UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList+ReorderCallbackDelegate reorderCallback, UnityEditorInternal.ReorderableList+RemoveCallbackDelegate removeCallback) (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/Editor/Inspectors/StateSystem/StateInspector.cs:83)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.Inventory.ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.DrawSelectedItemSet (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemSet itemSet, System.Int32 index) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/Inventory/ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.cs:442)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.Inventory.ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/Inventory/ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.cs:101)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <772fffca5f8f4126948faf45cfbc3ba4>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
Yes I use latest version. I have no idea how to reproduce it. Some prefab clones work well, but some do this... All settings looks identical, but some objects have this errors, some objects work well...

Hm afraid I'm not sure what to suggest here without being able to follow your stack trace in Unity and debug. I'd recommend logging at the source of the error to see what the null reference is. Maybe you manually removed some inspector references/values through code or some other way other than through the inspector. If you're ever able to repro this in a separate project that can be sent, feel free to DM it to me.