Spear throw mass to the front of the spearf

AnAppGames

I have a spear that looks like this:

1617320369747.png

Now when you throw a spear you typically add more force to the front of the spear so that it goes up and goes front downwards

However i am not quite sure how to do this with the Throwable Item option. it seems that i can only add mass to the pivot of the model which makes the landing of this spear look a bit off after a throw:
1617320459397.png

Also it is really odd that it floats like this when my collider looks like this:

1617320487191.png

Can anyone help me out? :)

You'd probably want to have 2 different colliders on the spear, one for the handle and one for the tip, then give each a separate Rigidbody, adjusting the mass of each.

You'd probably want to have 2 different colliders on the spear, one for the handle and one for the tip, then give each a separate Rigidbody, adjusting the mass of each.
How does that work with the Trajectory object component that needs to be on the gameobject

Ive tried to add a Rigidbody but all of them become kinematic and freezer position when thrown i think its because of the Trajectory object :(

I would subclass the Projectile component and add your own logic for rotating the sphere. The Trajectory Object does not use the rigidbody component for the physics.

I would subclass the Projectile component and add your own logic for rotating the sphere. The Trajectory Object does not use the rigidbody component for the physics.
Okay i am not really too familiar with how to do that (i can script but i am not really too into projectile component) could you help me get started? :)

Ah yeah I'd forgotten that TrajectoryObject doesn't use Rigidbody physics.

The basic idea would be to subclass the Projectile component and update its rotation as it moves, within Update or FixedUpdate.