Some UCC related questions

Piyush

Hello @Justin Sir ❤️ ❤️

Sir, I am trying to do something with UCC + BD for Horror AI, it's all seems to working but i have few questions :) maybe by that implementation i can make it even better hopefully :)❤️

1) I want to do something like the AI character made via UCC and BD appearing suddenly and then disappearing then again appearing then again disappearing like a tubelight flickering , so for that i can simply write a script that turn on and off the skin mesh renderer of the character in update at some intervals or via coroutines, but i also want to make sure that when character is disappeared then his collider is also off so that no items in the game environment can effect character for example a bullet at that time doesnt harm it because i have a throwable in the game which will harm that character.

2) I am also wondering is it possible when player has equipped cross and is also using the ability of cross (aka showing cross via holding both hands(i will be using dual pistol animations and it's all setup in this case because i dont have appropriate animations, basically when we fire with dual pistols instead of pistol player will be holding cross and no bullets will be fired)) so can it be possible when player is using cross then AI character disappears completely (not just collider and mesh off) and comes back after sometime following his old path/way points and finding the player to kill him... in this if player doesnt uses throwable (to defeat AI) or the cross to make him run away then AI will kill the player

I hope i have explained properly ?? Please let me know if any confusions

Thank you so much Sir ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

1) I want to do something like the AI character made via UCC and BD appearing suddenly and then disappearing then again appearing then again disappearing like a tubelight flickering , so for that i can simply write a script that turn on and off the skin mesh renderer of the character in update at some intervals or via coroutines, but i also want to make sure that when character is disappeared then his collider is also off so that no items in the game environment can effect character for example a bullet at that time doesnt harm it because i have a throwable in the game which will harm that character.
In addition to the renderer/collider you should also disable the Ultimate Character Locomotion/Handler script so no collision is performed.

2) I am also wondering is it possible when player has equipped cross and is also using the ability of cross (aka showing cross via holding both hands(i will be using dual pistol animations and it's all setup in this case because i dont have appropriate animations, basically when we fire with dual pistols instead of pistol player will be holding cross and no bullets will be fired)) so can it be possible when player is using cross then AI character disappears completely (not just collider and mesh off) and comes back after sometime following his old path/way points and finding the player to kill him... in this if player doesnt uses throwable (to defeat AI) or the cross to make him run away then AI will kill the player
This sounds like it will take a custom task but is definitely possible.

In addition to the renderer/collider you should also disable the Ultimate Character Locomotion/Handler script so no collision is performed.
Sir, if i will disable the UC Locomotion script then how will the AI character move?
I mean even if for few frames the AI character is disappeared then also it should keep moving on it's path

This sounds like it will take a custom task but is definitely possible.
Yes Sir ❤️

But can you please give me tips on what/how to do all this, just the steps written would also be enough then i can give it a try properly and update you if more questions ❤️:)

Sir, if i will disable the UC Locomotion script then how will the AI character move?
I mean even if for few frames the AI character is disappeared then also it should keep moving on it's path
Ah, in that case then just the renderer and capsule collider.

But can you please give me tips on what/how to do all this, just the steps written would also be enough then i can give it a try properly and update you if more questions
For the proper steps I would have a lot of design questions and it leans more into consultation work but in general I recommend that you look at this page for how to create a new ability: https://opsive.com/support/document...r-controller/character/abilities/new-ability/. You will need to also adjust the animator with your new animations.

Overall though you should also take a look at some of the more involved abilities, such as jump or drive, to get an idea on how they work. You can then design your ability around those. Good luck!

Okay Sir I will try it ❤️ Thank you so much Sir ❤️

Sir, is there any code to turn off all colliders on the character? even ragdoll ones or we need to get reference to each of them and turn on and off them manually from our script??

Also, what things can i turn off from a UCC + BD character to make the char completely independent of everything at that moment? so i can run my own final animations on the character for the ending cutscene

Sir, is there any code to turn off all colliders on the character? even ragdoll ones or we need to get reference to each of them and turn on and off them manually from our script??
No, there's not anything built in for that situation.

Also, what things can i turn off from a UCC + BD character to make the char completely independent of everything at that moment? so i can run my own final animations on the character for the ending cutscene
This is just going to cause more problems. If you want to run your own animations you should create a new ability so everything is hooked up correctly.

This is just going to cause more problems. If you want to run your own animations you should create a new ability so everything is hooked up correctly.
Ohh Okay Sir, I thought for cutscene the ending of the game, i can just stop everything on the AI char and then use my script to play animations via Coroutines, I will try to make abilities instead
Will have to also check for BD scripting cause it won't work with just UCC ability script as far as i am thinking of it... or maybe umm i can pause BD tree and then run UCC ability (of playing animation) via code?