Slower walk speed, keep sprint speed same (NOT RM)

BJPickles

Hi there,

I've been reading various posts about adjusting walk speed and run speed. I'm aware about adjusting motor acceleration and such, however this affects the overall speed of the character.

I'd like to keep the sprint at these settings below, however I want to lower the walk speed.

1647883681754.png

I've looked at the animator and reduced

In the animator I first reduced the walk anims from 1 to 0.5:
1647884477609.png

However this just made it look like the character was just shy of jogging. Not a bad thing (yay for blend trees), it made it more believable, but wasn't quite what I was after.

So I'm not quite sure how I can have a slow 'base' speed ONLY affecting walking, and then just the normal sprint speed.

What do I need to do to adjust/slow the walk speed, but keep the sprint speed the same?

The motor defines the walk speed of the character. The animation speed does not impact the character speed as long as you are not using root motion. The speed change ability sets a factor on the speed, so you can try to reduce the motor settings of your character, and then increase the speed factor by the corresponding amount.

Thank you for your response.
I thought the speed change was related to the blend tree?

So for example on the demo the speed change varies from 2 & -2, which is the required speed to achieve the sprinting animation.

I've also noticed on the blend tree that the walk animation speed is set to 1.9. Do I need to change this?

Ah the only thing that was confusing me was the playback speed of the animation. I had misread and thought the speed of the character changed the speed of the animation.

I've since lowered the playback speed of the walk animation and lowered the overall speed of the player which has produced the ideal speeds, thank you!
Speed change for sprint worked great.

Still needs a bit of tweaking, but exactly what I wanted. Much appreciated, thank you!