Setup Rideable Character Blitz

Bulleye

I thought I am totally stupid but someone else had the exact same problem.
Didn't get an answer in Discord, so I will repost it here:

Hi everyone, I have difficulties setting up a rideable horse. I'm using the Blitz model and following this simple guide : https://opsive.com/support/document...ed-abilities/detect-object-ability-base/ride/

Opsive
Ride | Opsive
The Ride ability works with the Rideable ability to allow an Ultimate Character Controller character to ride on top of another Ultimate Character Controller character. . . .

I have two issues : first of all, the horse sinks below the ground as my character mounts it (it doesn't keep falling, it just remains like 2-3 units below on the y axis)

And once I start riding the horse, trying to move forward or backward causes an error

I have two issues : first of all, the horse sinks below the ground as my character mounts it (it doesn't keep falling, it just remains like 2-3 units below on the y axis)
Just to test things, if you attach the camera to the horse does everything work correctly?

And once I start riding the horse, trying to move forward or backward causes an error
What is that error?

Setting Camera to Blitz triggers this error when trying to move.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.ThirdPersonController.Character.MovementTypes.Adventure.GetDeltaYawRotation (System.Single characterHorizontalMovement, System.Single characterForwardMovement, System.Single cameraHorizontalMovement, System.Single cameraVerticalMovement) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/ThirdPersonController/Character/MovementTypes/Adventure.cs:73)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.GetDeltaYawRotation () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:196)

I find the horse sinking into the ground the most disturbing thing. Movement not working is the other but how can the horse change from standing to sinking.

Taking it one step at a time, to fix that error you'll want to ensure the camera is assigned to the horse and then also ensuring the horse does not have a local look source. This should prevent you from getting that error.

Another route that you can take is to take the demo scene character/horse and bring it into your scene. Make sure that works. From there you can try to use your own character. If that doesn't work then you know that it is something character related. Now try swapping out the horse but not the character. If that works then it is something related to the horse.