Rolling back while aiming and target lock

I observed that the character tries to roll forward while moving backward during an aim/target lock situation in 1P or 3P. Is there a possible way to make him roll backwards? That would make a lot of sense in a combat.

We didn't know what a rolling back animation would look like so didn't include it. Do you have any examples with games that have a backwards roll?

Honestly, it just seems to be the character turning around and rolling forward towards the camera:

Witcher-3 example:

Dark Souls-3 example:

Both games do have a mandatory 3rd person adventure type of camera, so it makes sense. For 3rd person combat, this does look tricky.

God of War 4 example:

God of War 4 has a 3rd person combat camera (I did not play it, so that is what I understand from gameplay footage), and the character DOES roll backwards towards the camera. (it is pretty quick in the video, so you may change youtube play speed down). When I checked it again the backward roll is more like a "turn to your left and roll on your side" kind of a roll, so he does not exactly rewind a forward roll animation, but it is more like a side roll, where the character first turns slightly to one side, and then rolls towards the camera in the back.