Retro Doom Clone (From 3D skinned meshes/rigs to spritesheet/animation clips) - Questions/Progress thread

Nils

Hey there!

I took the challenge to adapt UCC to allow spritesheet animations (2D) instead of first person arms (3D/Rig)! I also plan to place sprites instead of meshes for items and enemies, but that's for later!

As of now I'm pondering different ideas, I was curious to know if anybody already tried such a thing, if so, how much from UCC did you have to adapt/remove and do you still have that project around?

I would aim to keep as much as possible from UCC in order to benefit from the asset, because you can keep a lot of things from the already available tools (melee/knockback/magic/health/colliders/etc.) just to name a few!

I'm eager to share my progress here as I learn more and maybe/eventually share my results which could help other people like me who want to use UCC for anything FPS related, it's called Ultimate Character Controller after all, I want to help make it real!

PS:

Feel free to move this thread to showcase if you see fit, I figured it'd be best to go into questions to have feedback and advices, cheers!

A day1 screenshot just to share my excitment ahah!1637492804434.png

Last edited: