Reloaded Clip Attaching Before Animation Ends

Daecher

Hi,

At the moment, I'm working on setting up reloading for my FPS weapons and detaching/re-attaching magazines during reload. However, using the reload animations that came with the UFPS, the clip for my rifle "teleports" back into its original transform position halfway through the animation. I've tried reading up and messing with different settings/animation event durations in the Reload field of the rifle's ShootableWeapon script, to no avail. Any idea what's going on?

(posting gif link because the downloaded file was too large: https://gyazo.com/db646b277e17aaa702eaa555fd6651df)

Do you have a full body character? The animation event on the full body character is likely being sent before the animation event on your arms.

Ah! Yes, after toggling the "Log Events" option on the full body character AnimatorMonitor, I see that the "OnAnimatorItemReloadAttachClip" event is being executed on the body long before the arms do. If the source of the animation event trigger isn't on the weapon/arms, though, where should I look to delay the event from being triggered on the body?

If the source of the animation event trigger isn't on the weapon/arms, though, where should I look to delay the event from being triggered on the body?
In that case it'll be on the animation that full-body character's animator is playing.

In that case it'll be on the animation that full-body character's animator is playing.
Sorry for the late reply, I just got to addressing this. I ended up having to move/delay the "OnAnimatorItemReloadAttachClip" event on the AssaultRifleReload and AssaultRifleCrouchReload animations, and fixed the problem. Granted, I had to do a little research to figure out how to get to that point, but it was a good learning point. Thanks for the help!