Pursue is slow to update position

nathanj

Anyone able to tell me if there's a way to improve this behavior? I would like the agents to follow my player at a much closer rate than they are with the Pursue node. If I use the MoveTowwards I get the behavior I want where the agents keep moving towards the player, no matter what their movement is. But... this is not a navmesh node and thus the animations don't trigger.

I've tried merging the MoveTowards and Pursue nodes together but I get a similar behavior to the original Pursue node.

Is this a result of the Navmesh Agent component? Anyone know of a way to handle this to get snappier responses/movement from the agents?

For anyone reading this, Nathan is not using UCC but RPG Builder. I tested the Seek and Pursue tasks with Unity's nav mesh on a default UCC character this morning and it was working okay. So if anyone's familiar with RPG Builder here you may be more able to answer this issue !

So I tried this with UCC and I can still get weird behavior if you push it to extremes. I've set both agents movement speed to 6.4,0,6.4 and (while this video looks wack) you can see towards the end (45 seconds on) that you get similar bahavior where the agent gets temporarily lost and wanders until they recalibrate.