Problem with character grounded on steep cliffs and not sliding downwards

echtnice

Hi

I have a problem with my character being grounded on steep cliffs and not sliding downwards. This happens with some low poly rocks that have a mesh collider.
If I walk over the edge, and rotate so that the character is facing the cliff and move forward against the cliff, I would expect the character to slide down. Instead of sliding down, the character detects an edge and "walks" without sliding down. Slighty rotating the character solves the issue most of the time but still.

One issue with slide not being activated was that some slopes where slightly steeper than 89 degrees so I increased Slide:MaxSlideLimit to 92 ... but still seing the problem i described before.

I wonder how to fix that problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

How to reproduce:

0. Open ThirdPersonControllerDemo scene
1. Extract Cliff_Example.zip, import fbx (with generate colliders flag checked), and add Cliff with the following transform values
Position: 27.79, 16.4, 56.91
Rotation: 0, 90, 0
Scale: 1, 1, 1
2. Add a Cube with the following transform values
Position: 11.54, 22.02, 50.37
Rotation: 60.451, 90, 24.427
Scale: 1, 30, 1
3. Walk up the cliff
4. Walk over the edge and rotate so that the character is facing the cliff and once falling, move forward against the cliff

Attachments

• Cliff_Example.zip
    20 KB · Views: 1
  • Cliff_Sides_Grounded.PNG
    Cliff_Sides_Grounded.PNG
    172.9 KB · Views: 5
At what location are you walking off the cliff? Also, does the cube positioning relate to this? I haven't been able to reproduce the character getting stuck.